A subtitling software that works like Amara
Thread poster: gonzt
gonzt
gonzt
Dominica
Dec 7, 2017

Hi everyone!

I have been using the amara online subtitling software for years now. I just love it...
but, it has its limitations, it doesn't allow to create closed captions in spanish, nor export files in many formats, such as ITT or SCC.

I found a client that requires me to create the files in SCC and ITT,
and I've been trying other softwares, such as SubEdit, Subtitle Workshop, EZtitles and Wincaps.

And using any of these softwares has beco
... See more
Hi everyone!

I have been using the amara online subtitling software for years now. I just love it...
but, it has its limitations, it doesn't allow to create closed captions in spanish, nor export files in many formats, such as ITT or SCC.

I found a client that requires me to create the files in SCC and ITT,
and I've been trying other softwares, such as SubEdit, Subtitle Workshop, EZtitles and Wincaps.

And using any of these softwares has become a nightmare, I find them very hard to use.

Do you know a software as user friendly as the amara subtitler?
Collapse

phrtranslations
phrtranslations  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:14
German to Spanish
+ ...
Subtitle Edit Dec 8, 2017

Hi there!

Honestly, I've never used Amara, but I tried several different free subtitle programs and find Subtitle Edit to be very user-friendly. It makes it easy to create new subtitles, to adjust timing and format, control CPS/CPL limits specifically for every project and it has a function to translate existing subtitle files. SCC and ITT are supported and you can find many tutorials on youtube. Give it a chance.

Sandra Cravero
Sandra Cravero  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 19:14
English to Spanish
Aegisub? Dec 8, 2017

Hello there,
Same as Philipp here, I'm a beginner in using SubtitleEdit and I find it very user-friendly. Aegisub is another recommended software, however I haven't find the time to learn about it. Here's a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqsGW4mRkO0

Hope you find it helpful!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A subtitling software that works like Amara

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »