Caterina Scarpello
Caterina Scarpello
Italy
Local time: 20:07
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 2, 2017

Hello everyone,

I am writing because I have received an email from an employer to which I sent my application, and they have asked me if I QC in Backlot: can someone tell me what Backlot is?? I am quite new in the field, so I don't know all of the specific terminology, yet. Thank you in advance!

Morano El-Kholy
Morano El-Kholy  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 21:07
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
What is Backlot? Nov 2, 2017

Dear CaterinaSc,

I do not know this term too. I have searched through the web and that's what I have found:
Question:

What is Backlot?

Answer:

Backlot is the primary tool for tracking communication between Netflix, Content Partners, and Fulfillment Partners. Conveniently designed as a web-based utility, it is the single place to monitor all asset deliveries i
... See more
Dear CaterinaSc,

I do not know this term too. I have searched through the web and that's what I have found:
Question:

What is Backlot?

Answer:

Backlot is the primary tool for tracking communication between Netflix, Content Partners, and Fulfillment Partners. Conveniently designed as a web-based utility, it is the single place to monitor all asset deliveries into Netflix. You can also get access to proxy video for conformance of secondary assets and get full trend reports to monitor your progress.

https://backlothelp.netflix.com/hc/en-us/articles/217999657-What-is-Backlot-
Best regards.
Collapse

Esther Hay
Esther Hay  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 08:07
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Netflix Nov 2, 2017

Hi Caterina,
Morano found the correct information. Backlot refers to Netflix. You can get qualified to proofread using their system. Once qualified, you get a login and you can go online, see what work needs doing and do some of it.

Regards,
Esther

Caterina Scarpello
Caterina Scarpello
Italy
Local time: 20:07
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Netflix Nov 2, 2017

Ok thanks a lot, and how can I get qualified to QC using their system? Because I took the Hermes test for subtitling, I passed it, although I didn't receive any job from them, yet: is it the same test or shall I follow another procedure?

S.J
S.J  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:07
English to Arabic
+ ...
Backlot Nov 4, 2017

Hi,

Backlot is a site Netflix use for QC its materials. (Originals and other stuff).

I passed with one of the vendors who cooperating with Netflix in this project.

Although, I didn't receive any job yet, but I think it's pretty possible to receive job in the near future. According to your pair and the performance.

Can you told the vendor who sent you the email? For curiosity.

Regards,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

QC in Backlot

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »