Trados somehow hides the starting tags
Thread poster: Don Alejandro
Don Alejandro
Don Alejandro
Russian Federation
Sep 19, 2018

Hello!

I've been trying to figure out why tags keep disappearing, but wasn't able to figure it out on my own. I have added couple of rules to the Trados settings, so that it converts certain symbols in tags in order to exclude them from "actual" translation, namely this expression: {[0-9]}. Thus in phrases like "{0} is about to convert {1} followers", both {0} and {1} are being converted to tags correctly.

The problem is that Trados does not show such tags if they are
... See more
Hello!

I've been trying to figure out why tags keep disappearing, but wasn't able to figure it out on my own. I have added couple of rules to the Trados settings, so that it converts certain symbols in tags in order to exclude them from "actual" translation, namely this expression: {[0-9]}. Thus in phrases like "{0} is about to convert {1} followers", both {0} and {1} are being converted to tags correctly.

The problem is that Trados does not show such tags if they are the beginning or the end of the sentence. Thus the abovementioned sentence shows as the following segment:

is about to convert {1} followers.
instead of
{0} is about to convert {1} followers.

I've tried different tag viewing options, but I think it's something not about the view, but more of the technical issue. Can someone help me out please? Not seeing all the tags is quite confusing sometimes, because the sentence might not make any sense.

By the way, if I change the sentece to {0} is about to convert {1} it will be shown as:

is about to convert

without any tags at all.
Collapse

NeoAtlas
NeoAtlas
Spain
Local time: 06:38
English to Spanish
+ ...
Don't exlude the tag Sep 20, 2018

First, the tag is not gone. If you go to Display Filter and select All content, you'll see the tag in the previous segment.
Second, and more important, you can set tags to show in the same segment. To do that, just change its Avanced settings > Segmentation hint to something like Include (probably you have it as May exclude).
Check it out and let us know if it helps,
… Jesús Prieto …

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:38
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
what version of Trados are you talking about? Sep 20, 2018

Don Alejandro wrote:

Hello!

The problem is that Trados does not show such tags if they are the beginning or the end of the sentence. Thus the abovementioned sentence shows as the following segment:

is about to convert {1} followers.
instead of
{0} is about to convert {1} followers.

I've tried different tag viewing options, but I think it's something not about the view, but more of the technical issue. Can someone help me out please? Not seeing all the tags is quite confusing sometimes, because the sentence might not make any sense.

By the way, if I change the sentence to {0} is about to convert {1} it will be shown as:

is about to convert

without any tags at all.

TagEditor?
Studio?
Workbench?

Michael

Don Alejandro
Don Alejandro
Russian Federation
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Sep 22, 2018

NeoAtlas wrote:

To do that, just change its Avanced settings > Segmentation hint to something like Include (probably you have it as May exclude).

Yes, it was "May exclude" that's why I think those tags were visually disappearing, I've changed it to inlcude and it seems to be okay now, thank you very much for the info!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados somehow hides the starting tags

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »