failed to create a return package in Trados Studio 2015, an error message keeps popping up
Thread poster: Ugin Chang
Ugin Chang
Ugin Chang  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 14:45
English to Chinese
Sep 17, 2018

Dear all,

I am receiving a new project that includes 2 files and the file type is MemoQ V 1.0.0.0.
After finishing the translation, I encounter a problem in creating a return package.
The error message below keeps popping up that prevents me from doing so.

Also, I am not able to save the files since another error message below appears.

Also, I am not able to save the files since another error message below appears.

I never encountered this kind of problem before and have no idea about the solution.

Please help me with this problem. Thanks so much.
Collapse

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 09:45
German to Turkish
+ ...
Different segmentation? Sep 17, 2018

Hi, recently I had a similar problem but in my case, I was working with memoQ and the project package with one sdlxliff file was from Studio.

I don't see the error message below, but in case it is a tag issue with no apparent reason as in my case, one of the colleagues suggested that the segmentation might be slightly different. I was having an error message regarding a missing tag while the segment in question didn't have any tags at all. So I opened the project on Studio and indee
... See more
Hi, recently I had a similar problem but in my case, I was working with memoQ and the project package with one sdlxliff file was from Studio.

I don't see the error message below, but in case it is a tag issue with no apparent reason as in my case, one of the colleagues suggested that the segmentation might be slightly different. I was having an error message regarding a missing tag while the segment in question didn't have any tags at all. So I opened the project on Studio and indeed, the problematic segment no. xx in my memoQ was the segment no. xx-1. So, I solved the issue accordingly.

Just in case

Elif
Collapse

Ugin Chang

Ugin Chang
Ugin Chang  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 14:45
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Finally Solved Sep 18, 2018

Elif Baykara Narbay wrote:

I don't see the error message below, but in case it is a tag issue with no apparent reason as in my case, one of the colleagues suggested that the segmentation might be slightly different. I was having an error message regarding a missing tag while the segment in question didn't have any tags at all. So I opened the project on Studio and indeed, the problematic segment no. xx in my memoQ was the segment no. xx-1. So, I solved the issue accordingly.

Just in case

Elif

I've tried so many times to solve this problem since I don't have MemoQ to open the files.
Finally, it is solved by an unreasonable way -- restart my computer and reopen Trados.

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 09:45
German to Turkish
+ ...
I am glad that you have the problem solved. Sep 18, 2018

At the end of the day, CAT tools are annoying quite frequently.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

failed to create a return package in Trados Studio 2015, an error message keeps popping up

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »