Iniziatore argomento: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finlandia
Local time: 18:29
Membro (2003)
Da Finlandese a Tedesco
+ ...
May 18

I translated a file and when I finished I remembered the customer wants a TM. So I created a new TM, added it in project settings (update checked) and performed both "batch tasks > update main translation memories and update project translation memories.
Nothing happens, the new TM stays empty. What can I do?

Amnon Shapira  Identity Verified
Israele
Membro (2011)
Da Inglese a Ebraico
Check the update checkbox May 18

Hi Heinrich.
Make sure the update checkbox is checked and remove all other TMs related with this project.
Then, confirm (Ctrl+Enter) 1 or 2 segments in the Editor to the new TM.
Once this is done, the batch job "update the project TM" should work.
Good luck.

Finlandia
Membro (2003)
Da Finlandese a Tedesco
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
Nothing happens May 18

I simply saved the main tm to tmx, removed the older parts (190000 segments) and imported the rest into the new TM.
I really wonder what these functions are for, I never could make them perform anything.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Paesi Bassi
Local time: 17:29
Membro (2006)
Da Inglese a Afrikaans
+ ...
Option B May 18

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
So I created a new TM, added it in project settings (update checked) and ... Nothing happens, the new TM stays empty. What can I do?

Option B: In the Translation Memories "tab", right-click the TM and select "Import", and then import the SDLXLIFF files. You can import multiple files at once.

Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Grecia
Membro (2008)
Da Inglese a Greco
+ ...
Select what is sent to the TM May 18

In the wizard after you selected one of the "Update TM" batch tasks ("batch tasks" being a quite misleading term) did you review what kind of segments would be sent to the TM? You can select which states you want to be included: for example, you might want to put in the TM only "Translation Approved" or "Signed Off" segments.

Finlandia
Membro (2003)
Da Finlandese a Tedesco
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
Good advice! May 18

Samuel Murray wrote:

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
So I created a new TM, added it in project settings (update checked) and ... Nothing happens, the new TM stays empty. What can I do?

Option B: In the Translation Memories "tab", right-click the TM and select "Import", and then import the SDLXLIFF files. You can import multiple files at once.

Hope I remember this next time.

Everything is checked, I use the default settings. All segments are translated but nothing will update.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to really update new TM

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Cerca un termine
  • Lavori
  • Forum
  • Multiple search