https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/325261-help_this_is_a_disaster_i_lost_my_project_in_trados-page3.html

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Help- This is a disaster -I lost my project in Trados
Thread poster: Annett Roessner
Angela Malik
Angela Malik  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:38
German to English
+ ...
TM update tip May 18, 2018

Hi Annett,

There is an odd bug that I come across with certain TMs in Trados, where you think you are updating the TM and it turns out you aren't. I have found that with some TMs, if they have descriptor fields and these fields are empty, they do not update. They won't even update if you do a batch task.

- First, check that the TM is updating. I usually just translate a segment, confirm it, and then put my cursor back in that segment and look to see if the TM recognises
... See more
Hi Annett,

There is an odd bug that I come across with certain TMs in Trados, where you think you are updating the TM and it turns out you aren't. I have found that with some TMs, if they have descriptor fields and these fields are empty, they do not update. They won't even update if you do a batch task.

- First, check that the TM is updating. I usually just translate a segment, confirm it, and then put my cursor back in that segment and look to see if the TM recognises it as a 100% match now. If not, then it did not update.

- If the TM is not updating, check whether there are any descriptor fields associated with the TM. To do this, open the project settings, navigate to "Translation Memory and Automated Translation > Update" and look to see if there are any fields in the list there. If there are fields, make sure each field has an entry.

- Click OK to apply the changes. Your TM SHOULD update now.

For example, one TM where this problem always occurs for me has the field "Project". I just go to that field, enter the project number and then voila! The TM starts updating like normal again.

It is a weird bug that I have discussed with Trados but that hasn't yet been fixed yet. I'm not sure whether this is your issue as well, but worth checking anyway.

With the hexadecimal issue you had, I suspect that something just went wrong when you were saving the project, and the files got corrupted. It has happened to me with data-heavy PDFs before. If you press save and the auto-save is also working at the same time, or you press save and then do something else that interferes with that process while the computer is still trying to save the file, the files can get corrupted. With PDFs there is software that can fix files when that occurs, but Trados and SDLXLIFFs are a different story. I think you just got very unlucky this time.
Collapse

Completed project without saving a file Mar 31, 2023

A bit of a similar situation, may anyone help me please? I have pressed Completed ion my project before saving the file. Now, obviously, I cannot open the project anymore to retrieve the files. Is there any way around it?

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 06:38
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Search for the project in the File Explorer Mar 31, 2023

Kristina Bezrodnaja wrote:
A bit of a similar situation, may anyone help me please? I have pressed Completed ion my project before saving the file. Now, obviously, I cannot open the project anymore to retrieve the files. Is there any way around it?

If you know where the project is saved, then you can go there in the File Explorer and double click the project file. It would be the file with the extension .sdlproj in the root folder of the Studio project folder.
Another possibility would be to go to the Home tab, and under Projects choose Show all projects under Status. Regrettably my experience is that if you have chosen Remove from list, this option won't give you the project, but it sounds like you haven't hit that button, so it may work for you.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help- This is a disaster -I lost my project in Trados

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »