MultiTerm Fatal Error while importing a Unicode *.mtf: Invalid character (Unicode: 0x19)
Thread poster: Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 16:34
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Mar 3, 2018

Dear All,

1. I have a unicode .txt file with tab delimited terms in Bulgarian and English. Naturally, the contents of the file look like this:

"максимум 15 дни" "or a period of time not longer than 15 days"
"трудов стаж" "length of service"
"езависимо от стажа" "regardless of their length of service"
"съкращение в щата" "personnel downsizing"
"съпруг" "spouse"

2. I used SDL Mu
... See more
Dear All,

1. I have a unicode .txt file with tab delimited terms in Bulgarian and English. Naturally, the contents of the file look like this:

"максимум 15 дни" "or a period of time not longer than 15 days"
"трудов стаж" "length of service"
"езависимо от стажа" "regardless of their length of service"
"съкращение в щата" "personnel downsizing"
"съпруг" "spouse"

2. I used SDL MultiTerm 2017 Convert to convert the .txt to the required .mtf file for MultiTerm import.
3. I created a new termbase with MultiTerm 2017.
4. When trying to import the .mtf file into the newly created termbase with the following options:

Import definition name: Default import definition
Termbase name: DEVNYA CEMENT
Import file: C:\Users\User\Desktop\TRANSP\déjà vu x 3 TM Export\*.mtf.xml
Import log file: C:\Users\User\Desktop\TRANSP\déjà vu x 3 TM Export\*.mtf.log
Exclusion file:
Allow over-complete entries: false
Allow incomplete entries: true
Ignore sub-languages: true
Full reorganization: true
Import Options:
Import all entries: Add import entry as new

I can only import about 4% of the terms and the log file contains the following error:

Fatal Error at (file C:\Users\User\Desktop\TRANSP\déjà vu x 3 TM Export\*.mtf.xml, line 3, column 143246): Invalid character (Unicode: 0x19)

5. My question is: how can I locate the invalid character defined as Unicode: 0x19, so that I can delete it?

Best regards,
Pavel Tsvetkov

[Edited at 2018-03-03 10:21 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm Fatal Error while importing a Unicode *.mtf: Invalid character (Unicode: 0x19)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »