How do I reorder the different window elements in Editor view in SDL Trados Studio 2017?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 15:29
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 1, 2018

I tried to reorder all the window elements completely, like here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8jVyHORu-4&feature=youtu.be

(See after 45 seconds.)

But it all got a mess... Can't unattach the source and target column either. Term window, TM window and Web Lookup window works fine, at least to unattach and move around and resize. But no
... See more
I tried to reorder all the window elements completely, like here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8jVyHORu-4&feature=youtu.be

(See after 45 seconds.)

But it all got a mess... Can't unattach the source and target column either. Term window, TM window and Web Lookup window works fine, at least to unattach and move around and resize. But not the source and target columns so I get the same layout as in the video.

Any ideas? And how can I undo what I've reordered so far? So I can go back and then make a new try?
Collapse

MuMyongCy (X)
MuMyongCy (X)
South Korea
Local time: 23:29
English to Korean
View > Reset Window Layout Mar 2, 2018

that's a basic function.

[Edited at 2018-03-02 07:15 GMT]

Ekaterina Kroumova
Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
F5 Mar 2, 2018

Press F5 to reset the layout. Good luck!

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 15:29
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How do I undock the biggest window element, the editor? Mar 2, 2018

Ok, no problems to undock the translation results window and the termbase window. But the editor window furthest down on the screen in the Edit view, this I can't undock or resize. I've tried hovering with the mouse and right-clicking on different locations on this area but am not given any option to resize or undock.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I reorder the different window elements in Editor view in SDL Trados Studio 2017?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »