Thread poster: Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 07:11
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 1, 2018

Is anyone having issues after the February patch? Studio has reached new heights of unusability.

- Project preparation is even slower.
- Project preparation crashes at 77% on various files (repeatedly). The customer doesn't have a clue of what is happening.
- After i create a project if i try to reopen the same file the day after the file is not found. I have reinstalled Studio from scratch. The problem disappeared, the reappeared soon after.
- Multiterm crashes
... See more
Is anyone having issues after the February patch? Studio has reached new heights of unusability.

- Project preparation is even slower.
- Project preparation crashes at 77% on various files (repeatedly). The customer doesn't have a clue of what is happening.
- After i create a project if i try to reopen the same file the day after the file is not found. I have reinstalled Studio from scratch. The problem disappeared, the reappeared soon after.
- Multiterm crashes or won't allow me to add new terms or crashes while attempting to add new terms.

Now a customer has just taken me out of a project because they can't understand why i can't deliver my files like everyone else (they are using Trados 2007 or other versions of Studio).

I am seriously disappointed, to say the least.
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 00:11
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
No Mar 1, 2018

Enrico C - ECLC wrote:

Is anyone having issues after the February patch?

Absolutely no problems, everything works perfectly.

Jaime Oriard
Jaime Oriard  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 17:11
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ho problems here Mar 1, 2018

Everything works fine.

Daniel Frisano
Daniel Frisano  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Alternatives? Mar 1, 2018

Can you use other CAT tools and provide a .tmx to the client together with your translation?

Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 07:11
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everyone Mar 2, 2018

Thanks everyone for the answers.

To Daniel: I could use MemoQ but i wouldn't get a TTX/SDLXLIFF file as a result. Furthermore, my customer has an entirely automated process (far from being perfect since they keep providing me with files where the target is entirely filled with source code) that only seems to like Trados 2007 TTX files (they keep claiming i should use 2007, which won't work anymore on Windows 10 on my machines).

The issue i have is that if feed them in
... See more
Thanks everyone for the answers.

To Daniel: I could use MemoQ but i wouldn't get a TTX/SDLXLIFF file as a result. Furthermore, my customer has an entirely automated process (far from being perfect since they keep providing me with files where the target is entirely filled with source code) that only seems to like Trados 2007 TTX files (they keep claiming i should use 2007, which won't work anymore on Windows 10 on my machines).

The issue i have is that if feed them in Batch Tasks the process stops at around 77% and Studio crashes (at times you can't switch off the PC either and need a hard reboot). One of the files won't even save to target.

However, if i load them as single files (no template, without feeding them into Batch Tasks and, especially, Pretranslation), they can be loaded for translation. However, if i do this, Studio crashes if i try to run a Verification (F8 Key).

I never had this type of issue. I can work normally on them if i use MemoQ (I tested them).

I guess i'll have to contact SDL for this.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

Enrico
Collapse

Harald Kirschner
Harald Kirschner  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Issues after updating to SDL Studio 2017 SR1 Mar 6, 2018

Hi all,
Since I installed SR1, Trados either hangs or gets extremely slow. Memories are not recognized, original text is inserted instead of memory text, even if I correct the translation manually, the program fills in the original again. I've been using Trados for years on my mac with Parallels and never have experienced such problems. I wish I could return to the version before SR1.
Fortunately an older Studio 2015 version still works.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Issues after the SDL Studio Feb 18 patch

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »