Pre-translation of numbers 2014 vs 2017
Thread poster: Lorenzo Cordini
Lorenzo Cordini
Lorenzo Cordini
Local time: 02:14
English
Oct 17, 2017

Hello,

I have the run pre-translation of the same project (same files and same TM) in both Studio 2014 and Studio 2017 obtaining different results for the pre-translation of numbers:

- 100% match in Studio 2014
- 99% match in Studio 2017

I haven't been able to find a setting in the options to obtain the
... See more
Hello,

I have the run pre-translation of the same project (same files and same TM) in both Studio 2014 and Studio 2017 obtaining different results for the pre-translation of numbers:

- 100% match in Studio 2014
- 99% match in Studio 2017

I haven't been able to find a setting in the options to obtain the same results in Studio 2017.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/IEB5tchEEviw1Gw12

Thank you
Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
99% in Studio 2017 would probably indicate more than 1 hit in TM Oct 17, 2017

SDL has changed things so that if there are more than 1 100% hit in the TM, this is indicated with a 99% match. I suspect this is the case also for your case.

Roy

Lorenzo Cordini
Lorenzo Cordini
English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 18, 2017

Hello Roy,

Thank you for your comment.

I checked the TM and there is actually no 100% for "5,000" but the closest hit is "5000".
It looks like Studio 2014 is able to "auto repair" the number and enter it as a 100%.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pre-translation of numbers 2014 vs 2017

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »