Site Modernization: GlossPost
Thread poster: Nate Hill
Nate Hill
Nate Hill
United States
English
+ ...
Apr 21, 2017

A newly designed GlossPost is now publicly available.

GlossPost is a directory where translators can share or discover links to glossary resources around the web.

It would be very helpful if you could take a few moments out of your busy day to use this new version and share you feedback in the discussion here. We'll continue making improvements and new developments over th
... See more

GlossPost is a directory where translators can share or discover links to glossary resources around the web.

It would be very helpful if you could take a few moments out of your busy day to use this new version and share you feedback in the discussion here. We'll continue making improvements and new developments over the coming weeks. If you notice a bug or something that doesn't seem right, please try to provide as much detail as you can to aid in the process of fixing it.

GlossPost is one of the community activities ProZ.com users can participate in, and as such, it relies on dedicated moderators to help ensure the quality of links being submitted remains high. At the moment, we could really use the help of a few new moderators. So if you're interested in learning more, please let us know.
Collapse

Siegfried Armbruster
Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:47
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Broken links Apr 22, 2017

Nate Hill wrote:

It would be very helpful if you could take a few moments out of your busy day to use this new version and share you feedback in the discussion here. We'll continue making improvements and new developments over the coming weeks. If you notice a bug or something that doesn't seem right, please try to provide as much detail as you can to aid in the process of fixing it.

Hi Nate, it is great that the UI and usability of GlossPost is reworked. But the main problem remains - there are just TOO many broken links. This problem is known for years ProZ never reacted to any proposal on how to resolve this problem, and without this issue being resolved, GlossPost does not provide a lot of value (at least to me).

I also have a 2nd question. You might have noticed, that I am offering quite a number of links to ressources (glossaries, TMs and Autosuggest files on my profile page), wouldit be ok, if I enter these links in GlossPost? They are working and provide the ressources in a format that can easily be used by translators.

Nate Hill
Nate Hill
United States
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your comments Apr 24, 2017

Siegfried Armbruster wrote:
But the main problem remains - there are just TOO many broken links.

Thanks for pointing this out. I've got an idea that might help to clean maintain the database and keep it clean of broken links. I'll post back here with updates.

Siegfried Armbruster wrote:
I also have a 2nd question. You might have noticed, that I am offering quite a number of links to ressources (glossaries, TMs and Autosuggest files on my profile page), wouldit be ok, if I enter these links in GlossPost? They are working and provide the ressources in a format that can easily be used by translators.

Sure! I think any valid resources are will be welcome additions to the Glosspost database. Please feel free to submit them and thanks in advance.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Site Modernization: GlossPost

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »