Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5] >
Plus features: Basket item #1 -- CafeTran Espresso
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 13:00
SITE FOUNDER
Nov 16, 2016

From the ongoing rollout of the Plus package...

When the concept of the Plus package was first announced on International Translation Day, we told you that the package would include a “basket” of tools and services from third-party vendors.

The idea is that we use Plus funds to secure tools that Plus subscribers can use without needing to pay anything additional, and without needing to deal with the
... See more
From the ongoing rollout of the Plus package...

When the concept of the Plus package was first announced on International Translation Day, we told you that the package would include a “basket” of tools and services from third-party vendors.

The idea is that we use Plus funds to secure tools that Plus subscribers can use without needing to pay anything additional, and without needing to deal with the hassle of licenses.

We are happy to announce the first item in the Plus basket: CafeTran Espresso

For those who do not already know CafeTran, it is a mature CAT tool that is:

Unique. It is not a copy of anything else.

Cross-platform. Works the same on Mac, Windows, Linux.

Comfortable. CafeTran may not be the easiest tool to learn to use, but as passionate CafeTran users will tell you, once you get “over the hump”, CafeTran is not only easy but also fun to use.

Robust. Compares favorably with other tools in its stability and handling of large files.

Connected. Like many CAT tools, CafeTran can run web searches, leverage cloud MT and so on. But CafeTran is the first tool to go beyond that and integrate ProZ.com features like KudoZ, “What I am working on”, etc., using ProZ.com's public API.

CafeTran sells outright for 200 euros, or can be licensed for two machines for 80 euros per year. But with your ProZ.com Plus subscription, you can run CafeTran on as many machines as you want – Windows, Mac, Linux – and you never pay anything, as long as your Plus subscription remains current. You just use your ProZ.com login in CafeTran.

It costs you nothing, so why not add CafeTran to your toolbelt now?

Visit the CafeTran.com website to download the tool. >

Note that you do not have to be a Plus subscriber to give CafeTran a try. The tool can be download and used for free, until you hit a certain number of translation units or glossary entries.
Collapse

Brigitte Pusch-Kovacs

Anas hussain
Anas hussain  Identity Verified
Sri Lanka
Local time: 22:30
English to Tamil
+ ...
How to get licence for CafeTran Espresso Nov 16, 2016

Hi

Thanks for giving us exciting features.

I have downloaded CafeTran Espresso. I want to how to get licence. I really appreciate your early response.

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:00
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Sign in Nov 16, 2016

Hi Anas,

Please check out the video instruction on how to sign in to ProZ.com from CafeTran Espresso and activate the full version included in the Plus package:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/6000158973-signing-in-to-proz-com-account

Igor

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 19:00
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Corrupted jar-file Nov 16, 2016

I downloaded twice the jar-file, but installation does not proceed.

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
New build? Nov 16, 2016

Hi Igor,

Is there a new build I need to download to take advantage of the Proz Plus license?

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

Hi Anas,

Please check out the video instruction on how to sign in to ProZ.com from CafeTran Espresso and activate the full version included in the Plus package:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/6000158973-signing-in-to-proz-com-account

Igor

Raffi Jamgocyan
Raffi Jamgocyan  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:00
Member (2012)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Upgrade Nov 16, 2016

I am running an earlier version of Cafetran. Do I need to first uninstall the earlier version? Or can I just download and upgrade?

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Congrats Nov 16, 2016

Congratulations, Igor. And thank you for listening so well to us freelance translators.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:00
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Very interesting! Nov 16, 2016

Good luck to Igor and his team! And the guys at Proz. This could potentially be a very interesting joint venture, given the size of the Proz.com user base, and the very high quality of CafeTran.

Michael

Igor Kmitowski
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Java .jar installer Nov 16, 2016

Hi Heinrich,

Please make sure you have the latest Java (JRE) installed on your Windows system. If your Windows is 64-bit, it is preferable to install Java 64-bit as well:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html

Also, check this video on how to run CafeTran's installer.

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/solution/articles/6000159054-installing-cafetran-espresso-on-windows

Igor

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

I downloaded twice the jar-file, but installation does not proceed.

Igor Kmitowski
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Update 25 Nov 16, 2016

Hi Piotr,

Yes, please update your installation to the latest build (update 25) from the News forum:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/discussions/topics/6000043933

Igor

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

Hi Igor,

Is there a new build I need to download to take advantage of the Proz Plus license?

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

Hi Anas,

Igor

Igor Kmitowski
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Reinstall very old version Nov 16, 2016

Hello Raffi,

If your CafeTran Espresso version is from 2015 or earlier, please uninstall it and install the latest 2016 version from https://www.cafetran.com

Igor

Raffi Jamgocyan wrote:

I am running an earlier version of Cafetran. Do I need to first uninstall the earlier version? Or can I just download and upgrade?

Igor Kmitowski
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Thanks Nov 16, 2016

@Hans and @Michael. Thank you so much, guys!

Igor

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:00
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Is Java safe? Nov 16, 2016

I got as far as the page where it said I need to have Java. I don't know if I have so I clicked on the question. The screen that came up didn't say anything useful at all - it was mostly blank! It certainly didn't answer my question!

But haven't I read that Java can be a security concern etc? Not a scam, but a concern.

Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
Java shouldn't be a security concern Nov 16, 2016

Sheila Wilson wrote:

I got as far as the page where it said I need to have Java. I don't know if I have so I clicked on the question. The screen that came up didn't say anything useful at all - it was mostly blank! It certainly didn't answer my question!

But haven't I read that Java can be a security concern etc? Not a scam, but a concern.

Java shouldn't be a security concern if you only run trusted applications (which CafeTran definitely is) and install Java security updates regularly.

On the main topic — congratulations, Igor! That's one nice egg in the basket.

Igor Kmitowski
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Standalone application Nov 16, 2016

Hello Sheila,

In the past, there were security issues with untrusted Java applets run from the web browser. CafeTran Espresso is a standalone Java application and does not need any web browser to run it so it is safe. Besides, Oracle has updated Java numerous times to fix the issues.

Igor

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Plus features: Basket item #1 -- CafeTran Espresso

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »