Local time: 12:47
English to Chinese
hi Jun 7, 2012

thx a lot

Mahmoud M. Nasr ElDin
Mahmoud M. Nasr ElDin
Local time: 08:47
English to Arabic
I can't change it to my current location which is Dubai and not Cairo, Egypt Sep 24, 2012

Same

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Asking site developers to fix it Sep 24, 2012

Hello altorgoman,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will ask site developers to fix this. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks for your patience.

Lucia

Humberto Ribas
Humberto Ribas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 01:47
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Correct location Aug 17, 2013

For some unknown reason my location is being shown as in the USA, but I am in Brasil. How can I change it to my correct location?

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Should be fixed Aug 17, 2013

Humberto Ribas wrote:

For some unknown reason my location is being shown as in the USA, but I am in Brasil. How can I change it to my correct location?

Hello Humberto,

Did you make sure to click the "Save address" button after entering the contact information in your profile?

I have now updated your contact information so that it shows you as being located in Brazil.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Maria

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 05:47
Dutch to English
Date format for the Netherlands Mar 25, 2014

Hi Jason,

Could you change the date format for the Netherlands? It should be dd-mm-yyyy.

Thanks,

Olly

Danik 2014
Danik 2014
Brazil
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Can´t find my time zone Jul 27, 2014

Hello,
I find the time zone format confusing. I should like to include my correct time zone, but without revealing my exact location. My country has several time zones, but I can´t find mine.
Thanks for your help,

Maria Kopnitsky
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
All time zones for your country should appear in dropdown menu Jul 28, 2014

Olly Pekelharing wrote:

Hi Jason,

Could you change the date format for the Netherlands? It should be dd-mm-yyyy.

Thanks,

Olly

Hello Olly,

My apologies for the late response to your question here. You can select the date format that you see on the site from the dropdown menu here: http://www.proz.com/?sp=settings_dtime&is_popup=y . If you're referring to the date format that appears in the invoicing tool, I see that this was requested and addressed via your support request on the subject, and that the update was implemented by development staff shortly thereafter.

Danik 2014 wrote:

Hello,
I find the time zone format confusing. I should like to include my correct time zone, but without revealing my exact location. My country has several time zones, but I can´t find mine.
Thanks for your help,

Hello Danik 2014,

You should be able to see all the relevant time zones for your country in the "Time zone" dropdown menu here: http://www.proz.com/?sp=settings_dtime&is_popup=y . If you need help with this but would rather not mention your specific time zone in a public forum, please submit a support request specifying your location and time zone so that staff can address this privately.

Note that you have the option of making your time zone visible only to you by clicking the "Keep my time zone private" button here: http://www.proz.com/?sp=settings_dtime&is_popup=y

Please let me know how everything goes.

Best regards,

Maria

tlelangex
tlelangex
United States
Local time: 21:47
English to Russian
Pacific Daylight Time (PDT or PDST) is not listed; it being March 8th and is one hour different Mar 3, 2015

Please add Pacific Daylight Time to the choices. It beings each March 8th and is one hour different than Pacific Standard Time. This is significant for course scheduling. Thank you.

tlelangex
tlelangex
United States
Local time: 21:47
English to Russian
Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) BEGINS March 8th at 2:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time Mar 3, 2015

At 2:00 a.m. clocks are moved "ahead" to 3:00 a.m. in all PST areas and then become PDT. Sorry I had a misspelling in the last post. Jaye Stover

Maria Kopnitsky
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
PST will automatically change to PDT Mar 4, 2015

Hello Jaye,

If you have selected Pacific Standard Time as your time zone, then it will automatically change to Pacific Daylight Time when Daylight Saving Time goes into effect on March 8th.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Maria

Maria Mahyorova
Maria Mahyorova
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
Moscow time is wrong Aug 8, 2015

And once again. I\'ve wrote to the support, but they refuse to see it. Moscow time is wrong. It\'s not 20.43 in Moscow now.

Ahram Kim
Ahram Kim
South Korea
Local time: 13:47
English to Korean
+ ...
The time for South Korea is incorrect. Oct 12, 2015

I'm living in South Korea, and the time zone displayed in ProZ does not show a correct time stamp.

The Korea Standard Time of South Korea is GMT+0900, which is the same as that of Japan.
But in ProZ, it says the KST references Pyongyang, which is actually the capital of North Korea. I know North Korea recently changed the time zone, which is GMT+0830. So I guess the developer confused and made a wrong correction on the KST.

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 01:47
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
There are 2 time zones labelled KST Oct 13, 2015

Dear Ahram,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I see at http://www.proz.com/?sp=settings_dtime that there are 2 time zones labelled KST, one Seoul at GMT + 0900, and one for Pyongyang is GMT +0830 . Both time zones are labelled "KST" because, to my knowledge, a new acronym has not been created for the new time zone in North Korea yet. The time zone is labelled Asia/Pyongyang ins
... See more
Dear Ahram,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I see at http://www.proz.com/?sp=settings_dtime that there are 2 time zones labelled KST, one Seoul at GMT + 0900, and one for Pyongyang is GMT +0830 . Both time zones are labelled "KST" because, to my knowledge, a new acronym has not been created for the new time zone in North Korea yet. The time zone is labelled Asia/Pyongyang instead, as stated in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_North_Korea#IANA_time_zone_database

Hope this explains. Please let me know if you have any question or need anything else.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

JaySeo
JaySeo
South Korea
Local time: 13:47
English to Korean
It is still wrong. South Korea's standard time is GMT+0900. Please kindly change it correctly. Jan 30, 2017

Ahram Kim wrote:

I'm living in South Korea, and the time zone displayed in ProZ does not show a correct time stamp.

The Korea Standard Time of South Korea is GMT+0900, which is the same as that of Japan.
But in ProZ, it says the KST references Pyongyang, which is actually the capital of North Korea. I know North Korea recently changed the time zone, which is GMT+0830. So I guess the developer confused and made a wrong correction on the KST.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing time zone and date/time localization

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »