Sofia Gutkin
Sofia Gutkin  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 11:11
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
Nov 29, 2019

Apologies if a similar question has been posted before.

Ever since ProZ updated their profile editor, I have been unable to create a nice-looking 'About Me' (Bio) section, even after digging around in the WYSIWIG editor and trying to insert HTML tags.

For example, I want to make a certain heading red, but no matter what kind of HTML tag I insert, the published version of my Bio shows the heading as black. Only the hyperlinks are a different colour. It also doesn't see
... See more
Apologies if a similar question has been posted before.

Ever since ProZ updated their profile editor, I have been unable to create a nice-looking 'About Me' (Bio) section, even after digging around in the WYSIWIG editor and trying to insert HTML tags.

For example, I want to make a certain heading red, but no matter what kind of HTML tag I insert, the published version of my Bio shows the heading as black. Only the hyperlinks are a different colour. It also doesn't seem to make a difference if I insert the heading as or or , etc., even though this should alter the way that the heading looks.

Similarly, I want to make my paragraphs justified, but the editor only provides left justify, right justify and centre.

The ProZ article about how to use CSS (https://www.proz.com/translation-articles/articles/3854/1/'About-me'-with-style-–-using-CSS-to-enrich-your-presentation-on-ProZ.com-with-typography) just confuses me further.

Does anyone have any suggestions or a list of tags that I can use?

Thank you!
Collapse

Taisiia Gusarova
Taisiia Gusarova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 02:11
Member (2016)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
<font color="#B22222"> </font> for color change Dec 1, 2019

Hi Sofia,

I faced with the same problem recently and spent plenty of time to find an acceptable solution. I have tried different HTML tags to change the color and position of a paragraph and most of them didn't work.

The only one tag pair that helped me to change the color is ( ) ( for red colour). I used the following color codes chart to fin
... See more
Hi Sofia,

I faced with the same problem recently and spent plenty of time to find an acceptable solution. I have tried different HTML tags to change the color and position of a paragraph and most of them didn't work.

The only one tag pair that helped me to change the color is ( ) ( for red colour). I used the following color codes chart to find the right color: https://htmlcolorcodes.com

Unfortunately, I didn't find the right way to change a paragraph position (e.g. to center) with tags. I was able to do that just with the help of spaces.

Maybe someone else could share a better way to center a paragraph.

[Edited at 2019-12-01 10:00 GMT]
Collapse

Sofia Gutkin
Sofia Gutkin  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 11:11
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 20, 2020

Hi Taisiia,

Thank you very much for your suggestions (and sorry for replying a month late!)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding colours/fonts to the 'About Me' section

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »