MA or Post Grad programs in Language Technology
Thread poster: kis717
kis717
kis717
United States
Local time: 00:55
Spanish to English
Mar 26, 2017

I have already earned a Bachelors in Translation, but feel the need to advance my degree and obtain better practice. I am most interested in the technological side of translation/interpretation: machine translation, localization software, website translation, language learning applications, subtitling/dubbing, etc.
Are there any programs that you may recommend to help me achieve in these areas? Please let me know if I need be more specific. Thank you!

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
Various routes Mar 27, 2017

Dear Mr or Ms. kis717,

The best education I've acquired in software localization was working as an in-house translator for a software company willing to train me. There are several companies like that, looking for entry-level translators, which is the category I'm assuming you belong to.

Best of luck.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MA or Post Grad programs in Language Technology

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »