Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65] >
Off topic: Completely frivolous thread
Thread poster: Tom in London
Christopher SchrΓΆder
Christopher SchrΓΆder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚ Dec 21, 2020

Mervyn Henderson wrote:
Why all the smilies when nobody's laughing or smiling? πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒAs for the several persons at a time, that just means you have an inordinate ability to attract discrepancy and aversion. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ And no, I've never seen you summoning help, but sometimes I think it's what you need. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Ouch, the first two sentences seem a bit mean to me πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚ but the last one made me laugh out loud πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

I think we all have different cultural references πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

And I'd be the last person here to plead sanity πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

Zibow Retailleau
expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio
Thomas T. Frost
Kay Denney

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:26
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Don't forget: Dec 21, 2020

Chris S wrote:

Mervyn Henderson wrote:
Why all the smilies when nobody's laughing or smiling? πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒAs for the several persons at a time, that just means you have an inordinate ability to attract discrepancy and aversion. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ And no, I've never seen you summoning help, but sometimes I think it's what you need. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Ouch, the first two sentences seem a bit mean to me πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚ but the last one made me laugh out loud πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

I think we all have different cultural references πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

And I'd be the last person here to plead sanity πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

At first glance, the symbols may be smileys, but actually, they are hieroglyphs, misrepresented by UTF or whatever code this site uses. Only a true Wise Men of the Orient would understand their meaning, perhaps one of the three we are expecting in the next days. Probably Sadek belongs to them, because he is always talking about a gift he has in spare for Christmas. (Perhaps the weed?)

expressisverbis
Christopher SchrΓΆder
Mervyn Henderson (X)
P.L.F. Persio
Thomas T. Frost
Zibow Retailleau

Sadek_A
Sadek_A  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:26
English to Arabic
+ ...
..... Dec 21, 2020

Mervyn Henderson wrote:
Things I don't understand

That's a list that can survive beyond the rapture, and doctors have theories but they all agree they won't be able to help you!
Mervyn Henderson wrote:
Why all the smilies when nobody's laughing or smiling?

If no one is laughing nor smiling, then why are you CRYING, INCESSANTLY?
Mervyn Henderson wrote:
As for the several persons at a time, that just means you have an inordinate ability to attract discrepancy and aversion

Maybe I should become like you, pile up boring content nobody is interested in and be content with certain "agrees" that are NOT so much given to appreciate you as they are in a failed attempt to upset me.
Here's a couple of secrets, most of those "agrees" you have been getting are from people who don't even know what you are saying. You keep blabbering about places, foods, figures, etc. that only you associate with, and you're completely oblivious to your audience being from totally different backgrounds than yours. That's why your content has been a failure so far (even with the manipulated no. of views), and you keep stretching the stretched. "Johnny, what day is today? Hahahaha. Johnny, what day is today? Hahahaha. Johnny, what day is today? Hahahaha. Johnny, what day is today? Hahahaha. Johnny, what day is today? Hahahaha", what is that? Is that supposed to be an Oscar-winning broken-record comedy?
Every time I try to read a post of yours and I press the "see more" button, I tell myself "forget it, that's an unemployed person who needs an unemployed audience". You don't need to, and can't, impress with a 2-years worth of reading in every post of yours, a SINGLE LINE can work wonders at the hands of a REAL TALENT!
And, don't get me started on all the help you've been getting from ProZ so far, without their help you won't exist!
Let's see if ProZ will help you with this post of mine as well!

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Sadek, one personal question in return, for all the strange insults from you... Dec 21, 2020

Sadek_A wrote:

Publishing one and delaying the other so that you can come up with those unfunny lines?
I know this thread has been stealing your thunder (or lightning, or whatever you're emitting these days) since I started posting in it, but the solution is you need to stop shovelling quantities and start spooning qualities.
See what I did there? Just 4 words (shovelling quantities spooning qualities) to sum up your dilemma and fix it for you. Enjoy!πŸ˜ƒ

... and it doesn't matter to me, that you try to insult me here in the public, because these insults come from you and fall back upon you, and even when admitting, that it too often itches in my keyboard, to type the words "sunglasses" or "Christine", "Cairo" and desert storm or "a sand storm is coming up" etc., but with all your replies going low down, below the belt or whatever you would call it, I ask myself and now you: What's your age, please?

P.L.F. Persio
expressisverbis
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Thomas T. Frost
Kay Denney
Zibow Retailleau
Christopher SchrΓΆder

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 15:26
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
And perhaps... Dec 21, 2020

Matthias Brombach wrote:

At first glance, the symbols may be smileys, but actually, they are hieroglyphs, misrepresented by UTF or whatever code this site uses. Only a true Wise Men of the Orient would understand their meaning, perhaps one of the three we are expecting in the next days. Probably Sadek belongs to them, because he is always talking about a gift he has in spare for Christmas. (Perhaps the weed?)

... delivered by Santa Rasta?

a2460661256_10

[Edited at 2020-12-21 17:00 GMT]

P.L.F. Persio
Christopher SchrΓΆder
Matthias Brombach
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Kay Denney
Thomas T. Frost
Zibow Retailleau

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Matthias Dec 21, 2020

And I thought the thunder & lightning one was about me ... I feel kind of left out now.

expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio
Thomas T. Frost
Christopher SchrΓΆder
Matthias Brombach

P.L.F. Persio
P.L.F. Persio  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2010)
English to Italian
+ ...
Mervyn Dec 21, 2020

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

And I thought the thunder & lightning one was about me ... I feel kind of left out now.

It's not always about you, you know.

expressisverbis
Kay Denney
Thomas T. Frost
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Christopher SchrΓΆder

Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to French
+ ...
Blob opera Dec 21, 2020

Perfect way to let some steam off:
https://artsandculture.google.com/experiment/blob-opera/AAHWrq360NcGbw?cp=eyJyIjoiRklTQXc0a3c2SjVEIn0.

expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio
Zibow Retailleau

Sadek_A
English to Arabic
+ ...
..... Dec 21, 2020

Matthias Brombach wrote:
me here in the public

You prefer it in private?πŸ˜ƒ
Matthias Brombach wrote:
come from you and fall back upon you

Oh, boy, we're going schoolyard rhetoric now, aren't we? I'm rubber you're glue something something something you!πŸ˜ƒ
Matthias Brombach wrote:
What's your age, please?

I'll give you a better answer, I'm NOT insulting you I'm funning you because at one point I thought you were someone who appreciated humor; but, if you think you can't take it, let's have a deal, you and your group exclude me (and all that relates to me) from your exchanges, winks and whatnot, and I won't have you featured in any of my jokes now on.
I keep my promises and so must you.
Do we have a deal?

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

It wasn't about anyone else but YOU. You know? For someone who presents himself as a hotshot, you really disappoint! It's common rhetoric that Americans consider Germans NOT humor-friendly, yet you couldn't glean the meaning of HI (Humor-Impaired) from the context, nor could you even research it.
Now, you are not even able to make a connection between simple words such as "this thread, stealing your thunder, since I started posting, stop shovelling quantities, start spooning qualities".
Who else has been shovelling piles of boring content over the last 9 months or so, but YOU?
Let's put you to the test: what did Chris S. mean by Albert, Victoria and opening time?
Chrissy boy, don't you help!πŸ˜ƒ

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Mervyn: Dec 21, 2020

Mervyn Henderson wrote:

Yes, I'm sure you are right without checking it. Sadek, will you please mark more clearly in your next post, who exactly you are going to insult? Thanks! And Mervin: Please, you may go ahead, sorry.

[Bearbeitet am 2020-12-21 17:31 GMT]

Mervyn Henderson (X)
expressisverbis
Thomas T. Frost
P.L.F. Persio

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
PLF Dec 21, 2020

I know. God said the same thing to me only yesterday.

Thomas T. Frost
expressisverbis
Christopher SchrΓΆder
Zibow Retailleau
P.L.F. Persio
Jean Dimitriadis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
A different rhythm: Dec 21, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA3fkrdm3f0

The sunglasses rocks, too!

Thomas T. Frost
Mervyn Henderson (X)
P.L.F. Persio

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Tradition? Dec 21, 2020

expressisverbis wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA3fkrdm3f0

The sunglasses rocks, too!

Is it a Portuguese tradition to listen to that song at yuletide? πŸ˜€

expressisverbis
P.L.F. Persio
Mervyn Henderson (X)

Zibow Retailleau
Zibow Retailleau  Identity Verified
Mauritius
English to Chinese
+ ...
A different rhythm x 2 Dec 21, 2020

I like a song by Lily Allen. Don't remember the name but it starts like this:

'Look inside, look inside your tiny mind, now look a bit harder
'Cause we're so uninspired
So sick and tired of all the hatred you harbour ...'

Mervyn Henderson (X)
expressisverbis
Christopher SchrΓΆder
P.L.F. Persio
Thomas T. Frost

Sadek_A
English to Arabic
+ ...
Hahahaha. Hehehehe. Hohohoho. Dec 21, 2020

A song whose main line is F U, F U, that is allegedly downing with close-mindedness and upping with open-mindedness.

Thief Cries, Catch the Thief! Indeed!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Completely frivolous thread

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »