Thread poster: Branka Ramadanovic
Branka Ramadanovic
Branka Ramadanovic  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 03:19
English to Croatian
+ ...
Oct 23, 2019

Guys I have a problem. A fellow translator from Proz.com has sent me a couple of jobs and now is obviously lying about having paid to me, which she has not. I have complained to Proz.com but they have not responded. What would you do if you were me? If you guys from Proz wish to delete the part about Proz please do, but this is true.

[Edited at 2019-10-23 21:36 GMT]

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:19
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Oh dear :( Oct 24, 2019

Branka Ramadanovic wrote:
A fellow translator from Proz.com has sent me a couple of jobs and now is obviously lying about having paid to me, which she has not.

The first question I have is - are you absolutely sure who you did the work for? I know it should be obvious but it depends how you were contacted. Was everything done by email or have you ever contacted or been contacted by this translator through the site - via their profile? The reason I'm asking is that this may be a case of identity theft. Unfortunately, it isn't that uncommon. If you received the job via an email address such as [email protected], it could be a scammer, I'm afraid. They'll have used the good name of the ProZ.com member or user to get a translation for free. It doesn't seem to be one of the worse scams that can actually leave you well out of pocket. I suggest you check out the Scam Centre on this site to see if anything seems familiar.

If the client's ProZ profile was used for communication then you know that you were in contact with the actual ProZ.com member or user. Then you have a potentially solvable problem but you'll need to take steps to get your money.

I have complained to Proz.com but they have not responded.

You sent staff a support ticket? They usually reply in the end but it can take a few days.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 03:19
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Branka Oct 26, 2019

As you say that the outsourcer "started complaining", in accordance with the site rules ( https://www.proz.com/siterules/blue_board_bb_blueboard/2#2 ) you need to provide evidence that there were no quality issues with your translation because normally there should be no complaints in case the client makes any changes. Clients often make changes in the source or have their own p... See more
As you say that the outsourcer "started complaining", in accordance with the site rules ( https://www.proz.com/siterules/blue_board_bb_blueboard/2#2 ) you need to provide evidence that there were no quality issues with your translation because normally there should be no complaints in case the client makes any changes. Clients often make changes in the source or have their own preferences in the target language but all this is definitely not a reason for the non-payment.

You have already submitted a support ticket and made an entry for the outsourcer. Before taking any further steps, please discuss this issue with the site staff and see what can be done.

Natalia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Non-Payment Issue

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »