Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Any ideas on how to name and shame non-paying agency?
Thread poster: Lubosh Hanuska
Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Germany
Local time: 10:42
English to German
In memoriam
Blue Board does not mean membership Jun 26, 2019

Lubosh Hanuska wrote:

The agency I got duped by is still here!

They have just got someone else to work for them who is Proz member as they could post a rating and my assumption is that same as with me the "..." agency just did not pay... Why is it that they are still permitted as members - even though they're banned from posting jobs they obviously are able to contact members with job offers. My suggestion to everyone is - if you get offered a job by an agency here first step is to check their rating and make your own judgement - if there is a series of "1s" you need to ask yourself why, most likely itis because they did not pay those freelancers and they are not going to pay you either...!!!

[Edited at 2019-06-26 07:34 GMT]

The fact that this agency is still on the Blue Board does not mean they are a Proz member. On the contrary, any outsourcer can be entered in the Blue Board, and particularly the bad apples should be kept in the BB so that others are warned.

Sheila Wilson
Jennifer Forbes

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Warnings on the BB seem to be restricted Jun 26, 2019

Kay-Viktor Stegemann wrote:

The fact that this agency is still on the Blue Board does not mean they are a Proz member. On the contrary, any outsourcer can be entered in the Blue Board, and particularly the bad apples should be kept in the BB so that others are warned.

Avoid comments that:
- contain offensive language
- include generalizations about the outsourcer
- explicitly discourage others from working with the outsourcer
- contain advertising

Comments requesting that other users contact you for further details about your experience with a particular company are also generally not permitted.

You may make one entry per outsourcer per year--provided that you have worked for the outsourcer again before adding an additional entry.
https://www.proz.com/faq/2995#2995

The last time I tried to make a (negative) BB entry about a Belgian agency that didn't pay (I was still a paying member at the time), it was removed because the agency owner said he didn't remember me. And even though I sent Proz the invoice, nothing was ever done.

The current BB motto seems to be if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any ideas on how to name and shame non-paying agency?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »