Thread poster: Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 13:01
German to English
+ ...
Apr 23, 2018

Dear colleagues, maybe you know how to send an e-mail to PayPal administration. They have limited my account on the basis of non-paid recurrent payment which I have rejected and send to me messages "from non-monitored addresses". The message says "To get in touch with us, log in to your account and click "Contact Us" at the bottom of any page"but I don't see no "Contact us". An extremely unpleasant organization...

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:01
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
On every page Apr 23, 2018

Hello Maija,

I'm sorry to read about your problems.

It's true that you can find the contact us on every page. Just look at the bottom left side of the page where you will find
Contact Us Security Feedback

Hope this helps and that you can solve this issue.

Best,
Thayenga

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
contact us Apr 23, 2018

Hello Maija,

I haven’t contacted PayPal myself, but here’s what I would do:

While logged in, you can go to: https://www.paypal.com/fr/smarthelp/contact-us (you may need to replace “fr” with the country you are in, but I think it does not matter, the country and language is taken from your PayPal account since you are logged in).

You can either
... See more
Hello Maija,

While logged in, you can go to: https://www.paypal.com/fr/smarthelp/contact-us (you may need to replace “fr” with the country you are in, but I think it does not matter, the country and language is taken from your PayPal account since you are logged in).

You can either Call or send an email after selecting the relevant topic and subtopic. There is no email address per se, you complete your message in a form.

I think you should be able to answer directly to the email response that you will you get, when a PayPal representative gets in touch regarding your support request.

Jean
Collapse

Maija Cirule
Latvia
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Alas Apr 23, 2018

Thayenga wrote:

Hello Maija,

I'm sorry to read about your problems.

It's true that you can find the contact us on every page. Just look at the bottom left side of the page where you will find
Contact Us Security Feedback

Hope this helps and that you can solve this issue.

Best,
Thayenga

This contact was present a week ago but now it has disappeared.

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
A suggestion - their FB page. Apr 23, 2018

They made it very difficult to contact them directly either by email or phone. One time I had a query and contacted them via message on their Facebook page, and the reaction was quite prompt (although there's a queue as people are messaging them), but I did receive a reply and clarification quite quickly (can't remember exactely but it was in a 1-7 day range). Find their official FB page and use the message button or any button designated for customer queries. Hope it works.

[Edited at 2
... See more
They made it very difficult to contact them directly either by email or phone. One time I had a query and contacted them via message on their Facebook page, and the reaction was quite prompt (although there's a queue as people are messaging them), but I did receive a reply and clarification quite quickly (can't remember exactely but it was in a 1-7 day range). Find their official FB page and use the message button or any button designated for customer queries. Hope it works.

[Edited at 2018-04-23 07:39 GMT]
Collapse

Maija Cirule
Latvia
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I do not use Facebook Apr 23, 2018

Lingua 5B wrote:

[Edited at 2018-04-23 07:39 GMT]

Lingua 5B
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Maybe then. Apr 23, 2018

Paypal community forum where you can ask public questions, if I remember correctly it was them who referred me to FB page. But they still give some valuable insights:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Help-Ask-the-Community/ct-p/US-Help

But don't expect "creative" answers from PayPal customer service, in general. Most likely, they will ju
... See more
Paypal community forum where you can ask public questions, if I remember correctly it was them who referred me to FB page. But they still give some valuable insights:

But don't expect "creative" answers from PayPal customer service, in general. Most likely, they will just quote some points from their terms and conditions as their reply to you, like robots.

Did you know that PayPal uses very cheap freelance virtual assistants working from home as their staff?

[Edited at 2018-04-23 07:57 GMT]
Collapse

Maija Cirule
Latvia
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 23, 2018

Jean Dimitriadis wrote:

Hello Maija,

You can either Call or send an email after selecting the relevant topic and subtopic. There is no email address per se, you complete your message in a form.

I think you should be able to answer directly to the email response that you will you get, when a PayPal representative gets in touch regarding your support request.

Jean

I find the form and wrote my message ... only to receive an error message that something went wrong and I must try again. I tried 5 times and to no avail. Maybe I should submit an application to Luxemburg police?

Maija Cirule
Latvia
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hmm Apr 23, 2018

Lingua 5B wrote:

But don't expect "creative" answers from PayPal customer service, in general. Most likely, they will just quote some points from their terms and conditions as their reply to you, like robots.

Did you know that PayPal uses very cheap freelance virtual assistants working from home as their staff?

maybe my idea about police is good?

Lingua 5B
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
I don't really know... Apr 23, 2018

Maija Cirule wrote:

Lingua 5B wrote:

All that I know is that I had many unpleasant situations with them and avoid them as much as possible. One time they didn't release my funds and my client who sent the funds called them directly to California, and the funds were released the same day. When I asked the client what they said to them the client replied: I threatened them. LOL (no joke). But look hey, if I called them, they would have just ditched me. They are very cooperative with corporate clients having large amounts of money in their system on a monthly basis otherwise - no communication.

Maija Cirule
Latvia
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
But a branch of them is located in Luxemburg Apr 23, 2018

Lingua 5B wrote:

Maija Cirule wrote:

Lingua 5B wrote:

All that I know is that I had many unpleasant situations with them and avoid them as much as possible. One time they didn't release my funds and my client who sent the funds called them directly to California, and the funds were released the same day. When I asked the client what they said to them the client replied: I threatened them. LOL (no joke). But look hey, if I called them, they would have just ditched me. They are very cooperative with corporate clients having large amounts of money in their system on a monthly basis otherwise - no communication.

Lingua 5B
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Yes true, for European queries, matters etc. Apr 23, 2018

Maija Cirule wrote:

Lingua 5B wrote:

Maija Cirule wrote:

Lingua 5B wrote:

My client is based in Europe, but they called their HQ in California (how and why, I have no idea). I didn't ask the client to do it but after we explored all options (emailing Luxembourg, emailing this and that and nothing was solved they decided to call California HQ). My client has corporate status so I believe this is why it was possible.

mariealpilles
mariealpilles  Identity Verified
France
Member (2014)
English to French
+ ...
email and PayPal Apr 23, 2018

I have answered several times already on PayPal. Refer to the forums and read the many problems people encounter with them. They are not exactly the honest type and if you want to get something from them, you have to write to Luxembourg and send a mail to the financial organisations and then they eventually give in. If you do not do that they remain deaf and seem not to understand English, put forward arguments which do not stand, etc. A bunch of thieves to sail away from!

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:01
Danish to English
+ ...
Contact Apr 23, 2018

On the German imprint page, https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/imprint , one can find this contact information:

impressum @ paypal.com

Tel. 0800 723 4500 or, from outside Germany, +353 1 436 9003. So their call centre is in Ireland.

I've had problems with them in the past too. I only use them if there is no alternative.

Trevino Translations (X)
Trevino Translations (X)
France
French to English
+ ...
PayPal has a Twitter chat every Wednesday, apparently... Apr 23, 2018

"Chat with our moderator team every Wednesday between 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET)"

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Community-Events/PayPal-Community-Chat-4-18-Closed/td-p/1484527?sf87324569=1

Or try on their Twitter page, perhaps?

Good luck.

Trevino
... See more
"Chat with our moderator team every Wednesday between 1-2pm PT (4-5pm ET)"

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Community-Events/PayPal-Community-Chat-4-18-Closed/td-p/1484527?sf87324569=1

Or try on their Twitter page, perhaps?

Good luck.

Trevino Translations
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

e-mail of PayPal

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »