Formattig: hoy much should I charge?
Thread poster: Eloisa Anchezar
Eloisa Anchezar
Eloisa Anchezar  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:21
English to Spanish
Mar 14, 2018

I would appreciate your suggestions on how much to charge for formatting Excel charts that are part of a balance sheet.
Thank you!! Regards,

Reed James
Reed James
Chile
Local time: 14:21
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Charge by the hour Mar 14, 2018

Eloisa Anchezar wrote:

I would appreciate your suggestions on how much to charge for formatting Excel charts that are part of a balance sheet.
Thank you!! Regards,

Are you working with an agency or direct client on this project? Agencies don't usually pay much for formatting. Some of them will just flat out refuse to pay you anything extra. The important thing is to charge by the hour either based on a standard rate for formatting or how long you will have to spend on formatting and how hard the formatting job is. Maybe you could try formatting one chart before you commit to a price, and see how it goes. In my experience, agencies that agree to pay extra for formatting will pay you something along the lines of $10 per hour.

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:21
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
I agree with Reed. Mar 14, 2018

The important variable here is how long it takes you to do the formatting. Therefore, it is reasonable to charge by the hour. The hourly rate you can charge is up to you.

Eloisa Anchezar
Eloisa Anchezar  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:21
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you both!! Mar 15, 2018

Thank you both!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Formattig: hoy much should I charge?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »