Thread poster: Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
Local time: 11:44
French to Italian
+ ...
Jul 8, 2020

Hi all. I don't know if this has been asked before. I am working online on a big document and need to check all QA issues before completing. The problem is that the source has many business names that come up as spelling issues in the QA. Is there a way I can highlight them and ignore them all at once?

Thank you in advance

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:44
Danish to English
+ ...
Sort and select Jul 8, 2020

Sort by error type (click above the column), use the mouse to select a block of errors, and click once in the Ignore column. Also tick the Hide ignored box.

I export to Word for the spellcheck, as it's better and gives fewer false positives (at least for certain languages).

Elena Feriani
Aline Amorim
Vesa Korhonen
Melissa Damonte

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
Thanks Thomas Jul 8, 2020

Added that to my tips and tricks.

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Thomas. I've heard this works Jul 8, 2020

but it doesn't work for me unfortunately, maybe because I'm using a Mac.

Michael Healey

James Plastow
James Plastow  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2020)
Japanese to English
select all and ignore Jul 8, 2020

Click on the "type" cell for the first entry. The row should turn light orange (selected).

Scroll down to the bottom, hold down shift and click on the last "type" cell. All rows should now turn light orange
(all errors selected)

Click ignore.

Elena Feriani
Rodrigo Arenas

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot! Jul 9, 2020

James Plastow wrote:

Click on the "type" cell for the first entry. The row should turn light orange (selected).

Scroll down to the bottom, hold down shift and click on the last "type" cell. All rows should now turn light orange
(all errors selected)

Click ignore.

It worked! I'll be forever grateful

James Plastow
James Plastow  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2020)
Japanese to English
You are most welcome! Jul 9, 2020

Glad it worked!

Elena Feriani

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Germany
English to German
In memoriam
Alternatively, you can add the spellings to the dictionary Jul 9, 2020

What you also can do with names that trigger the spellchecker is add them to the dictionary. On a term in your translation that is underlined in red, right-click and choose "Add to dictionary". The term will then not be brought up by the spellchecker any longer.

Elena Feriani
Katrin Braams
Andy Tang

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Kay-Viktor Jul 10, 2020

Kay-Viktor Stegemann wrote:

What you also can do with names that trigger the spellchecker is add them to the dictionary. On a term in your translation that is underlined in red, right-click and choose "Add to dictionary". The term will then not be brought up by the spellchecker any longer.

I already know this one, It's way more intuitive than the bulk ignore and I use it often.
But this time I had about 1000 family names and business names that appeared only once in the source, so it would have been time consuming adding names that I will probably never see again. Furthermore, I'm granted access to Memsource by an agency, I'm not sure if the dictionary I add words to is shared with other linguists... To be on the safe side, I only add real Italian words to it.

Kay-Viktor Stegemann

Rodrigo Arenas
Rodrigo Arenas  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 04:44
Member (2016)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks a lot!! Feb 22, 2022

James Plastow wrote:

(all errors selected)

Click ignore.

Elena Feriani
Jorge Payan

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How to bulk ignore issues in QA

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »