MemoQ displayed the below error:

"TYPE:
System.ArgumentException

Range's end must not be beyond plain text's end
Parameter name: range

SOURCE:
MemoQ.CoreStructures

CALL STACK:
at MemoQ.CoreStructures.SegmentExtensions.getFormattedRangeFromPlain(Segment ctSeg, IntRange range)
at MemoQ.Translation.TranslationHitData..ctor(Object hit, Segment source)
at MemoQ.Translation.ACHitCase
... See more
Hi!

"TYPE:
System.ArgumentException

SOURCE:
MemoQ.CoreStructures

CALL STACK:
at MemoQ.CoreStructures.SegmentExtensions.getFormattedRangeFromPlain(Segment ctSeg, IntRange range)
at MemoQ.Translation.ACHitCaseTransformer.transformHitsGeneral(Dictionary`2& matches, Segment sourceSegment, String targetSegmentText, Int32 caretPos, CaseChangeDelegate caseChangeFunction)
at MemoQ.Translation.ACHitCaseTransformer.TransformHitsForPrefix(Dictionary`2& matches, Segment sourceSegment, String targetSegmentText, Int32 caretPos)
at MemoQ.Translation.AutoCompleteSource.GetAutoCompleteItems(String text, Int32 caretPos, Char[] triggerChars)
at Kilgray.EditBox.AutoComplete.getCandidates(String contentText, Int32 posInContent, Int32 posInEditbox, List`1 candidates, Boolean intextOnly)
at Kilgray.EditBox.AutoComplete.HandleCharAfterInsert()
at Kilgray.EditBox.EditBoxCore.InsertChar(Char c)
at Kilgray.EditBox.EditBoxCore.OnKeyPress(KeyPressEventArgs e)
at Kilgray.EditBox.EditBoxCore._HandleWndProcOwn(Message& m)
at Kilgray.EditBox.EditBoxCore.WndProc(Message& m)
at Kilgray.EditBox.EditBoxR.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)"

I resolved it like this:

"- Closed memoQ.
- Opened the C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\MemoQ folder. This is a hidden folder by default, you need to enable the "Show hidden files and folders" option in Windows.
- Deleted the: DockLayoutConfigs.bin; Preferences-editor.xml; Preferences-layout.xml; Preferences-lookup.xml files.
- Started memoQ."

Hope it helps you too.
Collapse

Berna Bleeke (X)
Svetlana Manilo
Mohammad Ghaffari

Berna Bleeke (X)
Berna Bleeke (X)
Local time: 19:43
English to Dutch
Me too Dec 10, 2019

I'm getting this often as well, it's very annoying.

Olav Mägi
Olav Mägi
Estonia
Local time: 20:43
Estonian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved? Dec 10, 2019

Berna Bleeker wrote:

I'm getting this often as well, it's very annoying.

Did my solution worked?

Krys Williams
Krys Williams  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:43
Member (2003)
Polish to English
+ ...
Thank you for solving it May 3, 2022

Olav Mägi wrote:
Did my solution worked?

Thank you, Olav, you did it, at least so far! This has been driving me crazy because it was being set off by sequences of letters within words, such as "co" for example, and the only solution I had before was to type my translation elsewhere and then copy it into the problem segment.
Applying your remedy meant I had to go through all and change all the settings again to get rid of the default glaring colours and miniscule fonts, but doing that is less time lost than I was losing with this bug.
Pity that more than two years on the software is still so buggy and its files are so easily corrupted. I wish QoL issues took priority with the MemoQ staff over the endless addition of esoteric bells and whistles for which I personally have no need!

[Edited at 2022-05-03 11:18 GMT]

[Edited at 2022-05-03 11:19 GMT]

[Edited at 2022-05-03 11:20 GMT]

Mohammad Ghaffari
Mohammad Ghaffari  Identity Verified
Member (2019)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
This helped me, too; thanks Jan 15, 2023

Olav Mägi wrote:

Hi!

"TYPE:
System.ArgumentException

SOURCE:
MemoQ.CoreStructures

CALL STACK:
at MemoQ.Translation.ACHitCaseTransformer.transformHitsGeneral(Dictionary`2& matches, Segment sourceSegment, String targetSegmentText, Int32 caretPos, CaseChangeDelegate caseChangeFunction)
at MemoQ.Translation.ACHitCaseTransformer.TransformHitsForPrefix(Dictionary`2& matches, Segment sourceSegment, String targetSegmentText, Int32 caretPos)
at MemoQ.Translation.AutoCompleteSource.GetAutoCompleteItems(String text, Int32 caretPos, Char[] triggerChars)
at Kilgray.EditBox.AutoComplete.getCandidates(String contentText, Int32 posInContent, Int32 posInEditbox, List`1 candidates, Boolean intextOnly)
at Kilgray.EditBox.AutoComplete.HandleCharAfterInsert()
at Kilgray.EditBox.EditBoxCore.InsertChar(Char c)
at Kilgray.EditBox.EditBoxCore.OnKeyPress(KeyPressEventArgs e)
at Kilgray.EditBox.EditBoxCore._HandleWndProcOwn(Message& m)
at Kilgray.EditBox.EditBoxCore.WndProc(Message& m)
at Kilgray.EditBox.EditBoxR.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)"

I resolved it like this:

"- Closed memoQ.
- Opened the C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\MemoQ folder. This is a hidden folder by default, you need to enable the "Show hidden files and folders" option in Windows.
- Deleted the: DockLayoutConfigs.bin; Preferences-editor.xml; Preferences-layout.xml; Preferences-lookup.xml files.
- Started memoQ."

Hope it helps you too.

Your solution helped me with a similar issue. Thank you for sharing it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Internal application error

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »