Exporting xliff from memoq to client who uses Deja Vu
Thread poster: Mette Knutsen
Sep 17, 2019

Is it possible to export a file from memoq (8.4) to client that uses Déjà Vu? They have sent me the file in three formats, rtf, xlf and pptx.

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:41
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Ask for the mqxliff files Sep 17, 2019

... they can be imported into DV without any problems (and exported from / reimported back into memoQ without problems, too).

Mette Knutsen
Mette Knutsen
Spain
TOPIC STARTER
Comment Sep 17, 2019

I did export a bilingual (plain xliff for other tools), but they said it didn't work

Mette Knutsen
Mette Knutsen
Spain
TOPIC STARTER
Response from client Sep 17, 2019

The client says that the xliff file doesn't appear in her folder. That when she reimports in DV, only accepted files will be shown in the folder.

Selma Dogan
Selma Dogan  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:41
English to Turkish
+ ...
Export (dialog) Sep 18, 2019

Dear Mette,

This issue was something I experienced too. (I asked it in the Turkish forum, https://www.proz.com/forum/turkish/324109-memoq_dejavu.html )

The answer was very simple.
Just use the xlf file and send them the translated file as an xlf file (not an xliff file) by selecting Export (Dialog).
I hope that would work for you too. <
... See more
Dear Mette,

This issue was something I experienced too. (I asked it in the Turkish forum, https://www.proz.com/forum/turkish/324109-memoq_dejavu.html )

The answer was very simple.
Just use the xlf file and send them the translated file as an xlf file (not an xliff file) by selecting Export (Dialog).
I hope that would work for you too.

[Değişiklik saati 2019-09-18 09:52 GMT]
Collapse

Mette Knutsen
Mette Knutsen
Spain
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 18, 2019

Thanks, Selma. Maybe we have different memoQ versions, because I have to choose export > Stored path. Then I get an xlf file that the client can use

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting xliff from memoq to client who uses Deja Vu

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »