Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 11:33
Chinese to English
+ ...
Aug 14, 2019

memoq

It used to be that MemoQ 2015 could import SDL package files more or less flawlessly. In MemoQ 8.4 on my new computer, however, I have not been able to import any TMs integrated within an SDL package. Why?

espoir03
espoir03
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
I think it depends on Trados package file client created? Dec 3, 2019

Hi Lincoln,

I am using memoQ 9.1 currently (upgraded from memoQ 2014 a while ago) but I had same issue sometimes both with memoQ 2014 and 9.1.
I don't think it's memoQ problem - rather I think the problem is on the client's Trados file, because some Trados package files from a client I don't experience any errors but Trados package from another client I receive the same error message most of the time.
So I think if you see the error message, I think it's best to tell the
... See more
Hi Lincoln,

I am using memoQ 9.1 currently (upgraded from memoQ 2014 a while ago) but I had same issue sometimes both with memoQ 2014 and 9.1.
I don't think it's memoQ problem - rather I think the problem is on the client's Trados file, because some Trados package files from a client I don't experience any errors but Trados package from another client I receive the same error message most of the time.
So I think if you see the error message, I think it's best to tell the client. I usually explain the issue to the client and ask to send TM in .tmx format separately so that I can import manually.

Akiko
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ fails to import TM in SDL package

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »