How can I change existing local folder locations for projects in MemoQ 8.4?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 06:14
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 6, 2019

I worked on a very large project large month with many folders for each task. Now I want to move each of these one level down in the folder hierarchy on my local computer. This was a server project where I checked out each task from the customer's server and was connected to an online TM all the time.

I'm not certain how to proceed with this. As this project continues the month that come I want to get the folder structure right now before it proceeds this month.

I can't
... See more
I worked on a very large project large month with many folders for each task. Now I want to move each of these one level down in the folder hierarchy on my local computer. This was a server project where I checked out each task from the customer's server and was connected to an online TM all the time.

I'm not certain how to proceed with this. As this project continues the month that come I want to get the folder structure right now before it proceeds this month.

I can't find any option for this anywhere.
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:14
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Moving local projects Aug 6, 2019

You can put the local project folder anywhere you want.

To set the default location, go to Options > Locations > Projects folder

To set the location for an individual project, move the project folder to the desired location, then register the new location by going to MemoQ tab > Open project > Open project > browse to the project folder in its new location > open the project folder > double click the project.mprx file

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I only get the option to remove the item from the list, no option to browse to its new folder Aug 14, 2019

I tried now in the project list on the MemoQ tab page to open a project I just had moved manually by copying and pasting the project folder, but received this message:

memoQ cannot open this project because the files no longer exist in
their original location.
Do you wish to remove this item from the list?

I can only click on No, and after that I get no further.

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:14
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
MemoQ tab Aug 15, 2019

If you can see the Project list you must be in the Project tab. You need to be in the MemoQ tab (the blue tab on the extreme left), then go to Open Project.

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
MemoQ tab worked better Aug 15, 2019

Thanks, now it worked fine. Used the wrong tab...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I change existing local folder locations for projects in MemoQ 8.4?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »