"Find" & "Find & Replace" buttons not working in MemoQ 9.0 or the search pane is no longer visibl
Thread poster: Jenny Duthie
Jenny Duthie
Jenny Duthie  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:58
Member (2006)
French to English
Jun 25, 2019

Hello, I recently upgraded to Memoq 9.0, I really like it & it was working perfectly until a couple of days ago, but now the "Find", "Find Next", & "Find & Replace" buttons are no longer working, or if they are, the search pane is "hidden"; this is VERY frustrating as I use these functions all the time!! I haven't contacted Kilgray yet as I no longer have paid support, I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I uninstalled & reinstalled Memoq, but to no avail...... Whether I click... See more
Hello, I recently upgraded to Memoq 9.0, I really like it & it was working perfectly until a couple of days ago, but now the "Find", "Find Next", & "Find & Replace" buttons are no longer working, or if they are, the search pane is "hidden"; this is VERY frustrating as I use these functions all the time!! I haven't contacted Kilgray yet as I no longer have paid support, I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I uninstalled & reinstalled Memoq, but to no avail...... Whether I click the buttons or do Control F, it's the same thing, the search pane is no longer visible ANYWHERE....Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Two screens? Jun 25, 2019

(I haven't upgraded to 9.0 yet, so I cannot tell from direct experience.)

I apologise beforehand if this is a silly question, but do you have two screens? Is it possible that the dialog appears in the second screen? If you only have one screen, have you tried changing the resolution to a higher one temporarily? I wonder whether the dialog box is there, but for some odd reason somewhere outside your current screen by dragging it there accidentally. A higher resolution may be a way to
... See more
(I haven't upgraded to 9.0 yet, so I cannot tell from direct experience.)

I apologise beforehand if this is a silly question, but do you have two screens? Is it possible that the dialog appears in the second screen? If you only have one screen, have you tried changing the resolution to a higher one temporarily? I wonder whether the dialog box is there, but for some odd reason somewhere outside your current screen by dragging it there accidentally. A higher resolution may be a way to discard this.
Collapse

Jenny Duthie
France
Member (2006)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Tomas Jun 25, 2019

Hi Tomas, yes I did think of that, and no, I just have 1 screen, I'll check the resolution, I know what you mean about dragging the dialogue box to the corner or something, good suggestion, thanks!!

Jenny Duthie
France
Member (2006)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Kilgray support provided a solution Jun 25, 2019

Hello, for info, here is the solution from Kilgray, their support is great!

You can reset your user interface by the following steps:
- Close memoQ.
- Open the C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\MemoQ folder. This is a hidden folder by default, you need to enable the "Show hidden files and folders" option in Windows.
- Delete the: DockLayoutConfigs.bin; Preferences-editor.xml; Preferences-layout.xml; Preferences-lookup.xml files.
- Start memoQ.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Ron Willems

Ron Willems
Ron Willems  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
Thanks! Jun 18, 2022

Thank you for posting the solution - I had the exact same problem (after fiddling with the text size) and it was driving me nuts...

electrus
electrus
German to English
Thanks for posting the fix! Jul 26, 2022

This is August 2022 and I'm very grateful! I had exactly the same problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Find" & "Find & Replace" buttons not working in MemoQ 9.0 or the search pane is no longer visibl

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »