Thread poster: AmauryDoare
AmauryDoare
AmauryDoare
France
Local time: 06:18
English to French
Jun 18, 2019

Hello,
I have memoQ 8.3, my SMA expired over a year ago...
On my desktop, performance is pretty bad, it's actually better on my laptop, for whatever reasons...
Scrolling in the document is slow, even if I just change the width of part of the UI, it's far from instant (like 1-2 seconds to refresh)
This is not an online project, and it is not a big project...

I've seen people talk about similar issues, but no clear solution - I've tried going back to 8, and eve
... See more
Hello,
I have memoQ 8.3, my SMA expired over a year ago...
On my desktop, performance is pretty bad, it's actually better on my laptop, for whatever reasons...
Scrolling in the document is slow, even if I just change the width of part of the UI, it's far from instant (like 1-2 seconds to refresh)
This is not an online project, and it is not a big project...

I've seen people talk about similar issues, but no clear solution - I've tried going back to 8, and even 2015, same problem occurs...

I'd be considering going to 9, but I'm not paying for 2 years SMA, if I have still have this delay on everything I do...
Any idea? This doesn't seem to be a rare issue.

For information:
AMD FX-6300
OS and memoQ on SSD,
10 Gb of RAM
Collapse

Roy Chacón

AmauryDoare
AmauryDoare
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
No improvement Dec 1, 2019

I know other people have the same problem, and apparently upgrading to memoq 9 isn't even a solution!

I have a SSD, brand AMD r7 3700x and 16gb RAM, why is such a basic problem happening? And why has never been any comment from Kilgray regarding that?

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 13:18
Chinese to English
+ ...
Reinstall? Dec 2, 2019

Does a clean reinstall change anything?

Have you updated your BIOS to the latest version?

Can you use Ryzen Master and see if clock rates are normal?

AmauryDoare
AmauryDoare
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Have already tried different setups Dec 2, 2019

I have already done a clean reinstall when I changed most of my setup (mobo, CPU, RAM). Bios is up to date.
But this also happens on my laptop. And it did happen to a certain extent at my previous where we would use memoQ as well.
If I click anywhere in the project, I can see the whole screen slowly refreshing, something 1 to 2 entire seconds...

Everything else is working fine, including a lot more demanding problems, poorly optimized games such as PUBG, video editing so
... See more
I have already done a clean reinstall when I changed most of my setup (mobo, CPU, RAM). Bios is up to date.
But this also happens on my laptop. And it did happen to a certain extent at my previous where we would use memoQ as well.
If I click anywhere in the project, I can see the whole screen slowly refreshing, something 1 to 2 entire seconds...

Everything else is working fine, including a lot more demanding problems, poorly optimized games such as PUBG, video editing software, etc.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terrible performance issue with MemoQ 8.3

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »