Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 02:28
Danish to English
+ ...
Good Jun 18, 2019

Good you found a solution.

You are right, MT/fragment assembly is a separate status. I was a bit too quick there. They simply don't define the overwrite behaviour for such segments in their pre-translation definition so we don't even know if it's a bug. It's incomplete documentation.

Ideally the dialogue should let the user decide what to overwrite and what not. There are many such cases where they take a one-size-fits-all approach. I would open a support ticket, well k
... See more
Good you found a solution.

You are right, MT/fragment assembly is a separate status. I was a bit too quick there. They simply don't define the overwrite behaviour for such segments in their pre-translation definition so we don't even know if it's a bug. It's incomplete documentation.

Ideally the dialogue should let the user decide what to overwrite and what not. There are many such cases where they take a one-size-fits-all approach. I would open a support ticket, well knowing that it will probably take years to get anything done. The translator UI does not seem to be one of their priorities. It is lacking in so many ways. And when they finally change something, it is often useless, e.g. the limited Find/Replace dialogue (I finally got it wiped out). It took them six months to fix an urgent bug that randomly inserted and deleted blanks when Compare versions was used.
Collapse

Laura Bergamini
Kirill Loktionov

Mette Hansen
Mette Hansen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 03:28
Member (2002)
English to Danish
+ ...
Found a solution Jul 17, 2021

I came across this post when looking for an answer for the exact same issue.

I found a solution though:
1. Mark all segments (CTRL+Shift+A)
2. Under Preparation choose "Change Segment Status"
3. Choose "Not Started"
4. Press OK

Hope this can help others.

Marga Burke

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pre-translation does not overwrite existing unconfirmed segments MemoQ 8.6

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »