Thread poster: Thais Miranda
Thais Miranda
Thais Miranda
Brazil
Local time: 04:18
English to Portuguese
Jun 4, 2019

Hello everyone,

I updated my version of MemoQ so that I could use the speech recognition in memoQ (Hey MemoQ).

To use it, I need to activate the microphone icon, which is supposed to be in the Quick Access Toolbar. But it is not there.
MemoQ's Help Page says to customize the bar. I tried to do so through Option > Appearance panel > Customize Ribbon. This opens a window with dozens of options. None of them is the microphone I need... Am I missing something obviou
... See more
Hello everyone,

I updated my version of MemoQ so that I could use the speech recognition in memoQ (Hey MemoQ).

To use it, I need to activate the microphone icon, which is supposed to be in the Quick Access Toolbar. But it is not there.
MemoQ's Help Page says to customize the bar. I tried to do so through Option > Appearance panel > Customize Ribbon. This opens a window with dozens of options. None of them is the microphone I need... Am I missing something obvious?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Best,
Thais
Collapse

Alejandro Garcia-Quismondo Cartes
Alejandro Garcia-Quismondo Cartes
Spain
Local time: 08:18
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Which version are you using? Jun 5, 2019

Hi Thais,

Are you using version 8.7? I have been using version 8.6 some time and the microphone icon did not exist, but when I installed version 8.7 its icon appeared automatically in the top left corner of the main window, beside Resource Console icon.

Thais Miranda
Thais Miranda
Brazil
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
version 8.7 Jun 5, 2019

Hi Alejandro,

Yes, I updated to version 8.7, but it seems as if I were still using an older version... I tried to update again and it says that no more updates are available.

Thank you!

Thais Miranda
Thais Miranda
Brazil
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
issue solved Jun 5, 2019

As I suspected, although I updated it, for some reason the last version was still running. Issue solved. Thanks!

Erwin van Wouw
Erwin van Wouw  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:18
English to Dutch
correct shortcut Jun 5, 2019

You can have multiple major versions of memoQ on your machine. Are you sure you're clicking the correct shortcut? When you hover over the shortcut you'll see the versioning info.

Regards,
Erwin

Thais Miranda
Thais Miranda
Brazil
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
re: correct shortcut Jun 5, 2019

Hi, Erwin. That was the issue, except that no icon had been created. I had to install the new version again and create the shortcut.
Thank you!
Regards,
Thais

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Microphone icon for Hey Memoq

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »