Cannot copy tags using the keyboard F9 shortcut (memoQ 8.7.11)...
Thread poster: psicutrinius
psicutrinius
psicutrinius  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:05
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 2, 2019

Hi all,

Have imported a project (sdlxliff) in memoQ 8.7.11. Have done other projects, sdlxliff, pdf, pptx and docx) with no problem with that -F9 key copied any tag(s) on the spot.

Now it looks like F9 styopped working, and I cannot find why -or get any help through the "help" section.

Has anyone run into this? any solution/workaround? Project is a big one and contains quite a number of tags, therefore solving this would be quite a timesaver...

... See more
Hi all,

Have imported a project (sdlxliff) in memoQ 8.7.11. Have done other projects, sdlxliff, pdf, pptx and docx) with no problem with that -F9 key copied any tag(s) on the spot.

Now it looks like F9 styopped working, and I cannot find why -or get any help through the "help" section.

Has anyone run into this? any solution/workaround? Project is a big one and contains quite a number of tags, therefore solving this would be quite a timesaver...

Thanks in advance
Collapse

gfichter
gfichter  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:05
English
+ ...
Conflicts with other applications? Jun 2, 2019

Sometimes other applications have intercepted keyboard shortcuts. InDesign, in particular, overlaps with memoQ in my setup. Try shutting down the other application, and rebooting if necessary.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 04:05
Danish to English
+ ...
What do they look like? Jun 2, 2019

Do they look like MemoQ tags or are they just text such as {1}? The latter is what I get when I import MXLIFF files from Memsource. I run MemoQ's Regex tagger to convert them to MemoQ tags.

However, contrary to the Memsource MXLIFF files, MemoQ officially supports SDLXLIFF, so the tags should have been converted already.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot copy tags using the keyboard F9 shortcut (memoQ 8.7.11)...

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »