Thread poster: LUISA Fernandez-Sierra
LUISA Fernandez-Sierra
LUISA Fernandez-Sierra  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:38
English to Spanish
May 28, 2019

Hi
Is it possible to setup TM with the option to overwrite older segments when you make changes in a 95% or 100% segment already in the TM?
SDL studio allows you to customise how the TM is updated when you have 2 identical segments (i.e: overwrite, merge or keep the latest version of the segment)
However, I dont find anything like in MemoQ TM settings. My TMs seem full of useless old segments that just add unwanted noise...
See more
Hi
Is it possible to setup TM with the option to overwrite older segments when you make changes in a 95% or 100% segment already in the TM?
SDL studio allows you to customise how the TM is updated when you have 2 identical segments (i.e: overwrite, merge or keep the latest version of the segment)
However, I dont find anything like in MemoQ TM settings. My TMs seem full of useless old segments that just add unwanted noise
Any feedback or links on the logic behind MemoQ TM and advance setting would be highly appreciated
Collapse

Jan Truper
Jan Truper  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
... May 28, 2019

See here:
http://memoq.helpmax.net/en/explanations/translation-memories/multiple-translations/

This is a setting of the TM you are currently using.
(You cannot change this setting on the fly, but have to create a new TM with your preferred settings.)

LUISA Fernandez-Sierra
LUISA Fernandez-Sierra  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Strict TM setting May 28, 2019

Thanks Jan

I will try this and explore it further. It sounds like MemoQ offers a more fixed on/off option of overwritting or adding as new TM segments

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ 8.4 TM settings to overwrite older segments

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »