MemoQ 8.3 not exporting DOCX files
Thread poster: Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:20
German to Spanish
May 27, 2019

Should I assume that the reason 8.3 cannot export this Word document is technical and not to force the upgrade to a higher version?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1nppdijquocte3t/MemoQ_2019-05-27_12-35-07.png?dl=0

[Edited at 2019-05-27 10:39 GMT]

Mikhail Popov
Mikhail Popov
Montenegro
English to Russian
+ ...
Make a copy May 28, 2019

Make a copy of your document, import it into memoQ, make "Copy source to target", "Confirm without TM update" and try to export. If it is exported successfully - you have a problem with tags in translation. If export failed - you have a problem with tags in the original document.

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Not in this case May 28, 2019

Mikhail Popov wrote:

Make a copy of your document, import it into memoQ, make "Copy source to target", "Confirm without TM update" and try to export. If it is exported successfully - you have a problem with tags in translation. If export failed - you have a problem with tags in the original document.

I work in a Server, and I can only save the bilingual file. The point is that it is not a "problem", in the dialog box that appears it says that it is not possible to do it with my 8.3 version and that I must upgrade to 8.4. That seems strange to me because it is just a Word document.

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:20
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Bug resolved in 8.4? May 28, 2019

It sounds like you have encountered a bug in 8.3 that was resolved by fixes applied in 8.4.

Ben Armour
Ben Armour
Ireland
Local time: 02:20
Member (2021)
German to English
+ ...
MemoQ 8.3 not exporting DOCX files Jun 8, 2021

Go to 'Documents,' 'Export,' 'Bilingual' and it pops right up as an MS Word doc

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ 8.3 not exporting DOCX files

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »