Iniziatore argomento: Marisa Gissi

Marisa Gissi  Identity Verified
Italia
Local time: 08:58
Membro (2006)
Da Svedese a Italiano
+ ...
Feb 18

Hi there, anyone has experienced a sudden, extreme slowness of MemoQ in typing? Since New Year, Mr. MemoQ 8.3.8 is gone in slow-sloth mode and takes ages to visualise what I type. Needless to say, if I happen to have a large job I'm toasted. Luckly now I only have a 360-word one, so it cannot be slow because it's a huge file - no images, nothing strange. Just slow.
Any suggestion? thanks!
Marisa

Linh Nguyen

halit yilmaz  Identity Verified
Turchia
Local time: 09:58
Membro (2014)
Da Inglese a Turco
+ ...
I have the exact same thing with my brand new Memoq 9 Jul 3

I really dont know what to do. I will write to memoq...

Italia
Membro (2006)
Da Svedese a Italiano
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
at least I am not alone! Jul 3

I am sort of happy to know that someone else has my same problem! And I am really sorry that you have the same problem. Sometimes memoQ "unblocks" and it goes smooth and fast as it used to, then it slows down again. I thought it could be a problem linked to the spellcheck with Word so I deflagged that but no improvement. It could be an updating routine or something similar running in the background, a Windows update or similar, but who knows which component is slowing the whole memoQ down??!....... See more
I am sort of happy to know that someone else has my same problem! And I am really sorry that you have the same problem. Sometimes memoQ "unblocks" and it goes smooth and fast as it used to, then it slows down again. I thought it could be a problem linked to the spellcheck with Word so I deflagged that but no improvement. It could be an updating routine or something similar running in the background, a Windows update or similar, but who knows which component is slowing the whole memoQ down??!....

Try with the Support - I tried myself but got no useful answer. If you find out the solution, PLEASE tell me!! =)
thank you and good luck!

Marisa
Collapse

halit yilmaz  Identity Verified
Turchia
Local time: 09:58
Membro (2014)
Da Inglese a Turco
+ ...
Help found! Jul 3

Please navigate to C:\programdata\memoQ\resources\ and remove localresourcepath.xml file, then navigate to C:\users\appdata\roaming\memoQ and remove docklayoutconfigs, preferences, preferences-layout, preferences-lookup files.

Be sure memoQ is closed when you remove the files.

Italia
Membro (2006)
Da Svedese a Italiano
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
fantastic! Jul 3

thank you so much, I don't know how you did but you are just great!
thanks a million!

I can't believe it, I'm so happy =D

Marisa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ extremely slow in typing

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Cerca un termine
  • Lavori
  • Forum
  • Multiple search