Marisa Gissi
Marisa Gissi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:26
Member (2006)
Swedish to Italian
+ ...
Feb 18, 2019

Hi there, anyone has experienced a sudden, extreme slowness of MemoQ in typing? Since New Year, Mr. MemoQ 8.3.8 is gone in slow-sloth mode and takes ages to visualise what I type. Needless to say, if I happen to have a large job I'm toasted. Luckly now I only have a 360-word one, so it cannot be slow because it's a huge file - no images, nothing strange. Just slow.
Any suggestion? thanks!
Marisa

Linh Nguyen

halit yilmaz
halit yilmaz  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:26
English to Turkish
+ ...
I have the exact same thing with my brand new Memoq 9 Jul 3, 2019

I really dont know what to do. I will write to memoq...

Marisa Gissi
Italy
Member (2006)
Swedish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
at least I am not alone! Jul 3, 2019

I am sort of happy to know that someone else has my same problem! And I am really sorry that you have the same problem. Sometimes memoQ "unblocks" and it goes smooth and fast as it used to, then it slows down again. I thought it could be a problem linked to the spellcheck with Word so I deflagged that but no improvement. It could be an updating routine or something similar running in the background, a Windows update or similar, but who knows which component is slowing the whole memoQ down??!....... See more
I am sort of happy to know that someone else has my same problem! And I am really sorry that you have the same problem. Sometimes memoQ "unblocks" and it goes smooth and fast as it used to, then it slows down again. I thought it could be a problem linked to the spellcheck with Word so I deflagged that but no improvement. It could be an updating routine or something similar running in the background, a Windows update or similar, but who knows which component is slowing the whole memoQ down??!....

Try with the Support - I tried myself but got no useful answer. If you find out the solution, PLEASE tell me!! =)
thank you and good luck!

Marisa
Collapse

halit yilmaz
halit yilmaz  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Turkish
+ ...
Help found! Jul 3, 2019

Please navigate to C:\programdata\memoQ\resources\ and remove localresourcepath.xml file, then navigate to C:\users\appdata\roaming\memoQ and remove docklayoutconfigs, preferences, preferences-layout, preferences-lookup files.

Be sure memoQ is closed when you remove the files.

Kit Rumpenhorst (X)
Ferry Toar

Marisa Gissi
Italy
Member (2006)
Swedish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
fantastic! Jul 3, 2019

thank you so much, I don't know how you did but you are just great!
thanks a million!

I can't believe it, I'm so happy =D

Marisa

Kit Rumpenhorst (X)
Kit Rumpenhorst (X)
Germany
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Dec 2, 2019

Halit, you just saved my day! After spending 2 hours on everything from AV scans to checking hardware updates to breaking into tears, this did it! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Anne Simonsen
Anne Simonsen
Denmark
Help Jan 11, 2021

I found this post desperately searching for a solution to this very same problem. MemoQ support have not been able to solve the issue yet, and I just now tried the suggested solution here. It made no difference on my end, but I was wondering if there might be other similar files that could be causing the problem and which I could try deleting. Anyone here have an idea?

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
What exactly does that do? Jan 15, 2021

halit yilmaz wrote:

Please navigate to C:\programdata\memoQ\resources\ and remove localresourcepath.xml file, then navigate to C:\users\appdata\roaming\memoQ and remove docklayoutconfigs, preferences, preferences-layout, preferences-lookup files.

Be sure memoQ is closed when you remove the files.

What are those files? Do you lose anything by removing them?

Victoria Prieto
Victoria Prieto  Identity Verified
Ireland
English to Spanish
+ ...
It worked, but I lost all my Ignore lists (fixed) Apr 6, 2021

It worked, but I lost all my Ignore lists. I restored the localresourcepath.xml file and they're back though! So it's a great fix. Thanks, Halit!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ extremely slow in typing

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »