memoQ - Target language removed in Project Overview: all work in that language lost! Help
Thread poster: Anna Kiss
Anna Kiss
Anna Kiss  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 02:36
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jan 25, 2019

Hi all,

so I wanted to change the target language of my project, because the spellcheck was checking in the wrong language (US English instead of UK). I did this by adding the other language, and removing the original one.

Upon this, the progress of all my documents has gone down to 0, and all my translation is gone!!! Has anyone encountered this before? Is there any way to find/retrieve the translations? There was no warning about this anywhere.

Thank you
... See more
Hi all,

so I wanted to change the target language of my project, because the spellcheck was checking in the wrong language (US English instead of UK). I did this by adding the other language, and removing the original one.

Upon this, the progress of all my documents has gone down to 0, and all my translation is gone!!! Has anyone encountered this before? Is there any way to find/retrieve the translations? There was no warning about this anywhere.

Thank you so much for any input!
Collapse

William Tierney
William Tierney  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:36
Member (2002)
Arabic to English
Us the TM Jan 25, 2019

If you have a TM for US English and another for UK English (if you don't, it is a good idea), then start another project and put the UK TM as first but also use the US English TM. Run pre-translate and all the text from the US English TM should populate the segments. You can just go through, either before or after, to check UK spelling and style.

Mirko Mainardi

Anna Kiss
Anna Kiss  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 02:36
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Phew Jan 25, 2019

Thanks a lot, I realised after I posted that the translation should be there in the TM and thankfully it was indeed!

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 03:36
English to Russian
Did you try to Jan 26, 2019

restore the previous language variant?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoQ - Target language removed in Project Overview: all work in that language lost! Help

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »