Alex Tsybulski
Bielorussia
Local time: 16:12
Da Cinese a Russo
+ ...
Video 2 May 8

Georgios Tziakos wrote:
hi Alex,
Can you please try this on a file where each string is only 1-2 words and let us know how it goes? (but make sure it has a loooot of individual strings).

Sure, here it is:
https://youtu.be/nB4qhuPvGNU

Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
Regno Unito
Local time: 13:12
Membro (2009)
Da Olandese a Inglese
+ ...
what's causing it? May 8

I agree that there is something very wrong here. Let's hope that if we make enough noise the developers will fix it, or at least try to.

I wonder if it's something related to graphics cards/engines on Windows. I'll play around a bit with the two different graphics cards on my laptop and see if it makes any difference.

Anyone know what memoQ is coded in, .NET?

Incidentally, a bit of a workaround is to use Page up / Page down, which works quite a bit
... See more
I agree that there is something very wrong here. Let's hope that if we make enough noise the developers will fix it, or at least try to.

I wonder if it's something related to graphics cards/engines on Windows. I'll play around a bit with the two different graphics cards on my laptop and see if it makes any difference.

Anyone know what memoQ is coded in, .NET?

Incidentally, a bit of a workaround is to use Page up / Page down, which works quite a bit better/faster than scrolling on my system.

Michael
Collapse

Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
Regno Unito
Local time: 13:12
Membro (2009)
Da Olandese a Inglese
+ ...
another little tip/workaround to speed up scrolling May 8

Btw, memoQ's scrolling problem is also being discussed @ https://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/238642-memoq_scrolling.html

...where someone also posted this interesting/useful nbit of info:

‘Note that you can hold SHIFT+WHEEL to scroll faster with the mouse though.’

Alex Tsybulski
Bielorussia
Da Cinese a Russo
+ ...
Yes, but May 8

‘Note that you can hold SHIFT+WHEEL to scroll faster with the mouse though.’

Yep, it works. And i've been using it this way for quite a long lime. But it is not the solution: i need the precise scrolling (not the whole page at once) and exact sensitivity (when it scrolls exactly the same amount of rows as in the rest apps and stops moving right at the same moment when i stop the wheel).

It drops my productivity badly.

Linh Nguyen

Alex Tsybulski
Bielorussia
Da Cinese a Russo
+ ...
GPUs May 8

I wonder if it's something related to graphics cards/engines on Windows.

I've switched from Nvidia to AMD recently - no changes.
The same problem was on Win 7 (it is Win 10 now).
Was about to disable integrated GPU (Intel) in BIOS (who knows..), but there's no such option on my motherboard.

memoQ uses .NET, i have the latest 4.7.2 installed.

I'm planning to upgrade my RAM from 8 to 16GB in a couple of weeks, we'll see.

Georgios Tziakos  Identity Verified
Spagna
Membro (2011)
Da Inglese a Greco
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
RAM upgrades did not help me May 9

Hi Alex,

Unless you see your RAM on task manager being topped, then I don't think RAm will help you, but it's not a bad investment anyway. This problem looks very very specific though, it's odd. It does look like your MemoQ is struggling a bit graphically, although this might just be my impression from the video.

Since this is an offline project, it has nothing to do with servers or TMs either.

Have you contacted Kilgray directly through email? They do res
... See more
Hi Alex,

Unless you see your RAM on task manager being topped, then I don't think RAm will help you, but it's not a bad investment anyway. This problem looks very very specific though, it's odd. It does look like your MemoQ is struggling a bit graphically, although this might just be my impression from the video.

Since this is an offline project, it has nothing to do with servers or TMs either.

Have you contacted Kilgray directly through email? They do respond, although I haven't had any luck in them actually solving any issues so far.

Also, what MemoQ version are you using? Sorry If you mentioned it already and I cannot find it. If you are using the latest one, please try 2014R2 and 2015. 2014R2 is the version of choice for me, when it can be used, as it's MUCH smoother in every day. Might be interested to check whether different builds still have the scrolling issue, because that might imply it's a specific interaction with your computer that's causing the issue (instead of some versions having bad code).

Best,
Georgios
Collapse

Alex Tsybulski

Pagine:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ 8.+ performance - scrolling up and down oh so tortuously slow

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Cerca un termine
  • Lavori
  • Forum
  • Multiple search