jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:31
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Oct 9, 2018

What I'm looking for is the function to see my own changes while I'm editing the file, instead of seeing what the translator had changed before forwarding the file to me for editing.

Thank you for your help.

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:31
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Any instruction on how to use "track change" in MemoQ 2015 will be appreciated Oct 10, 2018

From http://kilgray.com/memoq/2015-100/help-en/index.html?tracking_changes_in_translatio.html

I saw this instruction:
"Editing with change tracking in the translation document
If you want to see change tracking in the editor, open a translation document and select Track Changes on the Review ribbon tab.

▪Use A
... See more
From http://kilgray.com/memoq/2015-100/help-en/index.html?tracking_changes_in_translatio.html

I saw this instruction:
"Editing with change tracking in the translation document
If you want to see change tracking in the editor, open a translation document and select Track Changes on the Review ribbon tab.

▪Use Against Last Received Version if you want to highlight the changes you entered since the last version that you received. Use this, for example, to review the changes you made as a reviewer to the translator's translation.
..."

However, after I checked "Use Against Last Received Version", the translator's changes came up, which I really don't need to see. What I need is to see my own changes on the translation but my changes are not marked even if I've checked "Use Against Last Received Version".

Did I miss anything?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do you track changes while you are editing a file in MemoQ 2015

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »