Google Translate results not visible
Thread poster: lisa lee
lisa lee
lisa lee
Local time: 16:24
English to Chinese
Sep 26, 2018

I used to see Google Translate results in the TM windows. But recently, the Google Translate results disappeared even when the Google machine translation plugin was enable. Same with Microsoft Machine Translation plugin.

Do you know why?

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
B D Finch
B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:24
French to English
+ ...
Good! Sep 26, 2018

lisa lee wrote:

I used to see Google Translate results in the TM windows. But recently, the Google Translate results disappeared even when the Google machine translation plugin was enable. Same with Microsoft Machine Translation plugin.

Do you know why?

That sounds like an improvement to me. I think that the linking of CAT tools to the likes of Google Translate brings those CAT tools into disrepute. I admit to using DeepL Translator (seems better than GT) if I want to read something in a language I don't understand, e.g. Chinese, Swedish or Hindi. But those aren't languages I have set up on my CAT tool.

lisa lee
lisa lee
Local time: 16:24
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Good? Sep 26, 2018

But being invisible means you can't use it when you need it.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: The quoted post was deleted
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Google Translate results not visible

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »