use of LiveDocs with a monolingual file
Thread poster: Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:30
English to Spanish
Jun 15, 2018

What are the steps to create a monolingual file as a LiveDoc document and assign it to a Project ?

Anthony Green
Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
very simple Jun 15, 2018

I assume you know how to put a bilingual file into a Project.
A monolingual file uses the same procedure.

In the Project, either create a new LiveDocs collection or else import the file into an existing collection, by right-clicking in the lower pane and selecting Import document.
Select the document from the window which opens, and change/add any details you wish before importing.

At that point, if the LiveDocs collection is selected, then it is part of you
... See more
I assume you know how to put a bilingual file into a Project.
A monolingual file uses the same procedure.

In the Project, either create a new LiveDocs collection or else import the file into an existing collection, by right-clicking in the lower pane and selecting Import document.
Select the document from the window which opens, and change/add any details you wish before importing.

At that point, if the LiveDocs collection is selected, then it is part of your project and will give you hits.
Collapse

Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
which language I should select ..... Jun 15, 2018

on the window Document Import options ?

The source language of the document to be translated is English, and the target is Spanish.

The monolingual document used as LiveDoc is in Spanish

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Spanish to French
+ ...
For the sake of curiosity... Jul 5, 2018

may I ask what are the benefits to add a monolingual doc? I know it can be done but I don't really understand why since there is no "counterparts"?

Rita Translator
Rita Translator  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
Concordance Jul 10, 2018

Christophe Delaunay wrote:

may I ask what are the benefits to add a monolingual doc? I know it can be done but I don't really understand why since there is no "counterparts"?

You can use it in concordance searching, so if you think you want to translate a term / phrase a certain way, you can use the concordance to quickly check whether your reference document uses the term / phrase that same way. That's if your monolingual doc is in the target language, of course. I've never uploaded a monolingual doc in the source language and offhand can't think of a good reason to do so.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

use of LiveDocs with a monolingual file

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »