Thread poster: Catherine Brix
Catherine Brix
Catherine Brix
Local time: 19:30
Swedish to English
+ ...
May 12, 2018

Greetings smart people,

I've been using MemoQ for a number of years, but today things just don't want to go my way. I can do a bilingual export in a two-column RTF without a problem but when I try to do a bilingual export memoQ XLIFF I get this message:
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\mq\7bf75a9d-0cda-4e27-be25-d4ad14966e03'.

And yet, it appears to be saving to the proper folder in my C:

Any ideas? I've no lightnin
... See more
Greetings smart people,

I've been using MemoQ for a number of years, but today things just don't want to go my way. I can do a bilingual export in a two-column RTF without a problem but when I try to do a bilingual export memoQ XLIFF I get this message:
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\mq\7bf75a9d-0cda-4e27-be25-d4ad14966e03'.

And yet, it appears to be saving to the proper folder in my C:

Any ideas? I've no lightning bolts, everything is 100%.

Grateful for any suggestions,
Catherine

Turned off the computer, took a long bike ride and cleared my head. Home again I imported a new version of the document, pretranslated and confirmed the segments, and voilà, all's good in the world again.

[Edited at 2018-05-12 14:59 GMT]
Collapse

Mikhail Popov
Mikhail Popov
Montenegro
English to Russian
+ ...
Clean the TEMP folder May 14, 2018

This folder 'C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\mq\7bf75a9d-0cda-4e27-be25-d4ad14966e03' has a file with exact name as memoQ wants to create during the export process. Sometimes it happens. Like 2 Catherine in one room at the same time.

Quick solution is just close memoQ and other programs, go to this folder 'C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp' and just delete all files. But you will have to unlock Hidden folders in Explorer to get acces to this TEMP folder

Catherine Brix
Catherine Brix
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for the reminder! May 14, 2018

You're absolutely right that I need to clean up, Mikhail. Thank you for reminding me. Will probably do wonders in many areas.

Have a nice day,
Catherine

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Spanish to French
+ ...
Love it! May 14, 2018

Mikhail Popov wrote:
Like 2 Catherine in one room at the same time.

And yes! Emptying the temp file does wonders and usually frees Gb of disk space. Btw, there is another temp folder in C:/Windows/Temp that can also be emptied from time to time. And don't forget to visit the Administrative tools as well (Start button) and do a Disk cleanup.

admtools

[Edited at 2018-05-14 14:54 GMT]

Catherine Brix
Catherine Brix
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
2 Catherines is definitely one too many ;) May 14, 2018

Christophe,
Thanks for the cleaning tips. I really do appreciate when things are neat and tidy. I just really dislike spending time making things neat and tidy. But I will schedule a session in my calendar - soon - and get it done.

Thanks again,
Catherine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bilingual export

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »