Thread poster: BMarkiewicz
BMarkiewicz
BMarkiewicz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:31
Polish to English
+ ...
Dec 12, 2017

I suddenly experienced an issue while using MemoQ 2013 R2. Upon restarting Windows 10, I am unable to open a project I just completed. Only one project will not open. Below the information I get from MemoQ. I appreciate your help in advance!

TYPE: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException MESSAGE: Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization.
... See more
I suddenly experienced an issue while using MemoQ 2013 R2. Upon restarting Windows 10, I am unable to open a project I just completed. Only one project will not open. Below the information I get from MemoQ. I appreciate your help in advance!

TYPE: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException MESSAGE: Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization.

SOURCE: mscorlib

CALL STACK: at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run() at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage) at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage) at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream) at Kilgray.Utils.SerializationHelper.DeserializeBinary(Type objType, String filePath, SerializationBinder binder) at Kilgray.Utils.SerializationHelper.DeserializeBinary(Type objType, String filePath) at MemoQ.Project.ProjectDocument.OnOpenDocument(Object openParam) at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.DocTypeManager.c__DisplayClass7.b__6() at MemoQ.ApplicationFramework.DocTypeManager.executeFromOpenErrorHandlingBlock(Func`1 func, Object openParam) SYSTEM INFORMATION: MemoQ version : 6.8.65 OS : Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OS version : 10.0.14393 OS architecture : 32-bit Visible memory : 1048100 Free memory : 176004 Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz .NET version : v2.0.50727 SP2, v3.0 SP2, v3.5 SP1, v4, v4.0

I've already tried reinstalling any and all versions of MemoQ, sadly to no avail.
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:31
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
If your project file is corrupted... Dec 12, 2017

If your project is saved in the TM, you may be able to create a new project with the original file, then populate the target from the TM.

[Edited at 2017-12-12 18:19 GMT]

BMarkiewicz
BMarkiewicz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:31
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Repopulate Dec 13, 2017

That seems to have worked. Looks like the previous project is done for. Thankfully there's TM. Thank you John!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

General error. Unable to open document or project. General error. MemoQ 2013 R2

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »