Using a TM exported from MemoQ 8.2.5 in MemoQ 2015
Thread poster: adrianrff
adrianrff
adrianrff
Venezuela
English to Spanish
Nov 13, 2017

Hi. I'm fairly new to MemoQ and CAT tools in general. I've been using MemoQ 2015 in both my PC at work and at home, but due recent issues when importing projects in my PC at work, we're going to give MemoQ 8.5.2 a try.

My question is, can I export a translation memory in MemoQ 2015 and then import it into a project in MemoQ 8.5.2? Are TM also affected by version changes?

Thanks in advance.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:02
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Simply via TMX Nov 14, 2017

No, I have not noticed any loss or difference when moving 2015 memories to 8.2. Simply export to TMX and import in the new version if you need to.

If you are installing 8.2 onto the same machine as 2015, you might want to check the installation instructions for memoQ 8.2, in case they refer to any adaptation being carried out in the TMs and/or projects by 8.2 when you open your 2015 projects in 8.2.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using a TM exported from MemoQ 8.2.5 in MemoQ 2015

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »