Nicolas Bianchi
Nicolas Bianchi  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 16:12
English to French
+ ...
Aug 3, 2017

Hi,

I wonder if someone already encountered this issue and could tell me what’s wrong.

I’m aligning exclusively Word files into a Corpus.
During the alignment process, for some of the files, the following messages appear (access denied to certain temp files):

L'accès au chemin d'accès 'C:\...\memoQ\Temp\mq\bcqhq\memoq-trans' est refusé.
L'accès au chemin d'accès 'C:\...\memoQ\Temp\mq\x412v\word' est refusé.
L'accès au chemin d'a
... See more
Hi,

I wonder if someone already encountered this issue and could tell me what’s wrong.

I’m aligning exclusively Word files into a Corpus.
During the alignment process, for some of the files, the following messages appear (access denied to certain temp files):

L'accès au chemin d'accès 'C:\...\memoQ\Temp\mq\bcqhq\memoq-trans' est refusé.
L'accès au chemin d'accès 'C:\...\memoQ\Temp\mq\x412v\word' est refusé.
L'accès au chemin d'accès 'C:\...\memoQ\Temp\mq\whpym\word' est refusé.
L'accès au chemin d'accès 'C:\...\memoQ\Temp\mq\j2tuf\memoq-trans' est refusé.
L'accès au chemin d'accès 'C:\...\memoQ\Temp\mq\tknpf\docProps' est refusé.
L'accès au chemin d'accès 'C:\...\memoQ\Temp\mq\u0vld\memoq-safecopy\word' est refusé.

etc...

Anybody able to "translate"?

Thanks in advance.

Nicolas

[Edited at 2017-08-03 23:43 GMT]
Collapse

Mikhail Popov
Mikhail Popov
Montenegro
English to Russian
+ ...
Clean the TEMP folder Aug 3, 2017

Restart your PC, go to this TEMP folder (C:\...\memoQ\Temp) and delete all files. Some files you will not be able to delete, because they are occupied by Windows processes.
Then try to load documents into Corpus

Nicolas Bianchi
Nicolas Bianchi  Identity Verified
Switzerland
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Worked with a detour... Aug 3, 2017

Thanks Mikhail.

I had actually already checked the Temp folder, and despite the fact that my explorer is set to show all files... the Temp/mq folder was empty.
Weirdly, the same mq folder in my cloud backup showed dozens of folders. But they could not be deleted at once.
I therefore deleted the whole Temp/mq folder from my hard drive, waited for it to sync with my cloud backup, recreated an empty mq folder (did a clean reinstall because of error messages popping up in th
... See more
Thanks Mikhail.

I had actually already checked the Temp folder, and despite the fact that my explorer is set to show all files... the Temp/mq folder was empty.
Weirdly, the same mq folder in my cloud backup showed dozens of folders. But they could not be deleted at once.
I therefore deleted the whole Temp/mq folder from my hard drive, waited for it to sync with my cloud backup, recreated an empty mq folder (did a clean reinstall because of error messages popping up in the editor view) and relaunched the alignment.

Seems to work flawlessly now.

Cheers.

[Edited at 2017-08-03 23:47 GMT]
Collapse

Thephysioclub
Thephysioclub
Pakistan
Thanks Aug 4, 2017

Nice Info

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

mQ 8.0 - Corpus alignment errors: Access to temp locations denied

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »