Hong Kong
Local time: 19:56
Chinese to English
+ ...
Jul 13, 2017

General error.
TYPE:
System.NullReferenceException

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

SOURCE:
MemoQ.TranslationMemory.GUI

CALL STACK:
at MemoQ.TranslationMemory.TMFunctions.UnregisterAndDeleteLocal(Guid guid, Boolean deleteFiles)
at MemoQ.Project.Synchronization.ServerProjectImportController.cleanupOnCancelAndError()
at MemoQ.Project.Synchronization.ServerProjectImportController.DoJob()
at MemoQ.Common.Job.JobBase.Execute(Object o)

Version is 8.1.5 and OS is Windows 10 with current updates. I have already tried deleting preferences.xml (and the other XML files) from the AppData\Roaming\MemoQ folder to no avail.

Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 13:56
German to English
+ ...
Try Jul 13, 2017

to restart MemoQ

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Let's just say all standard troubleshooting avenues are exhausted Jul 13, 2017

Maija Cirule wrote:

to restart MemoQ

I have restarted MemoQ, I have restarted the PC, I have reinstalled MemoQ.

Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 13:56
German to English
+ ...
Maybe Jul 13, 2017

ask the client to reassign the project, it sometimes helps

Lincoln Hui
Hong Kong
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Jul 14, 2017

Version incompatibility - had to revert to an earlier version.

HabitusLanguage
HabitusLanguage  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 12:56
French to Spanish
+ ...
Any info on which versions (Windows and/or memoQ) to revert to? Jul 14, 2017

I just ran into this same issue, which definitely would seem related to some update. I reverted both the latest July 12th updates of Windows 10, AND the latest memoQ update (8.1, build 33 to 8.1). Any info on which versions you reverted to Lincoln?

Thank you,

//Erik

Lincoln Hui
Hong Kong
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
2014 R2 Jul 14, 2017

Client server didn't support 8.1.

HabitusLanguage
HabitusLanguage  Identity Verified
Sweden
French to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks Lincoln! Jul 14, 2017

OK, so I'll go further back then. It actually does make some sense.

Cheers

evawin
evawin  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Danish
+ ...
Same problem, no solution Oct 23, 2017

I have just rejected a project with MemoQ as I could not open it from a remote server. I have tried on two computers, the one with Windows 7 and the other Windows 10 (both MemoQ 2013), and receive same error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object, but with Source: System Windows. Forms.
I've tried to find solution online but without luck. I have even send the ticket to Kilgray. They responded very quick only to say that I don't have right to support any longer.
Theref
... See more
I have just rejected a project with MemoQ as I could not open it from a remote server. I have tried on two computers, the one with Windows 7 and the other Windows 10 (both MemoQ 2013), and receive same error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object, but with Source: System Windows. Forms.
I've tried to find solution online but without luck. I have even send the ticket to Kilgray. They responded very quick only to say that I don't have right to support any longer.
Therefore all help will be appreciated!

/Eva
Collapse

Lucrecia Gallegos
Lucrecia Gallegos
Argentina
Local time: 08:56
English to Spanish
I've been having the same problem. Jun 13, 2019

I'm having the same problem, it came up out of nowhere. How did you came back to the previous version? I'm not sure of how to do it.

Jungers
Jungers  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:56
English to German
+ ...
Callstack Resolved Dec 30, 2019

Hey everyone, I just wanted to add that I got this exact same callstack after upgrading to the most recent memoQ version (9.2).
What I didn't notice was that my bitdefender was blocking memoQ from accessing the My Documents folder, in which the "My memoQ projects" folder is stored.
Long story short - don't forget to unblock memoQ in your firewall/security programs.

Thorsten Schülke
Thorsten Schülke  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 08:56
Member (2012)
English to German
+ ...
Remove write-protection from "My MemoQ Projects" folder Oct 18, 2021

I had the same problem as decribed by the thread opener after installing memoQ on my new Windows 10 computer. My client used the same memoQ version.

Reason for the issue: The folder "My MemoQ Projects" was in read-only mode (write-protection enabled).

Solution: Go to "Options" in memoQ (which might be called "Settings" or something similar, in my German version it is "Optionen") and check which folder memoQ stores projects in. Then go to that folder on you
... See more
I had the same problem as decribed by the thread opener after installing memoQ on my new Windows 10 computer. My client used the same memoQ version.

Reason for the issue: The folder "My MemoQ Projects" was in read-only mode (write-protection enabled).

Solution: Go to "Options" in memoQ (which might be called "Settings" or something similar, in my German version it is "Optionen") and check which folder memoQ stores projects in. Then go to that folder on your computer, right-click on it and open "Properties" (Eigenschaften). There you uncheck the box "read-only" (write-protection; schreibgeschützt). When asked if this should also be done for all folders and files within that folder, click "Yes".

This resolved the issue for me.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot check out online project

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »