Francesco Sosto  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:54
Member (2012)
German to Italian
+ ...
Apr 6, 2017

Buonasera,

stavo lavorando su una traduzione da eseguire in MemoQ non sono ancora un grande esperto e purtroppo facendo una combinazione errata di tasti ho attivato involontariamente il copy source to target su tutti i segmenti. Risultato? tutti i segmenti del testo source ora sono stati ricopiati sul testo target e non so come tornare indietro. Ho provato con l'undo ma il problema è stata la sincronizzazione in automatico che mi impedito di farlo. Ora per fortunta tutte la mia tra
... See more
Buonasera,

stavo lavorando su una traduzione da eseguire in MemoQ non sono ancora un grande esperto e purtroppo facendo una combinazione errata di tasti ho attivato involontariamente il copy source to target su tutti i segmenti. Risultato? tutti i segmenti del testo source ora sono stati ricopiati sul testo target e non so come tornare indietro. Ho provato con l'undo ma il problema è stata la sincronizzazione in automatico che mi impedito di farlo. Ora per fortunta tutte la mia traduzione è salvata su una tm, ma il problema rimane gravoso perché il file è vasto e dovrei ricopiare una per una tutte le soluzioni sulla tm.

Dato che non sono un esperto, sapete se esiste un modo per ricopiare tutte le soluzioni in tm sul testo target con un solo comando? In Trados 2014 è possibile, mi auguro che ci sia la stessa possibilità con MemoQ

Grazie in anticipo per il vostro aiuto
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not hard at all! Apr 6, 2017

You probably want to do the following:

1. Delete all incorrect content from the target side: while editing a file, choose the Preparation ribbon, choose Clear translations, then choose the status your segments are in -- probably "Unconfirmed segments" -- click OK. Now you should have an empty target column.

2. Pretranslate all segments with the memory: Preparation ribbon, choose Pre-Translate, choose the "Exact match with context" option so t
... See more

1. Delete all incorrect content from the target side: while editing a file, choose the Preparation ribbon, choose Clear translations, then choose the status your segments are in -- probably "Unconfirmed segments" -- click OK. Now you should have an empty target column.

2. Pretranslate all segments with the memory: Preparation ribbon, choose Pre-Translate, choose the "Exact match with context" option so that the exact translations for this particular files are taken from the TM. In the same dialog box, choose the Confirm/lock tab, choose "Exact match with context" and "New status: translator confirmed". Click OK. This way, you should end up with a target column with confirmed segments and the translations from the memory.

I hope this helps!
Collapse

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Remap Apr 6, 2017

After what Tomás said, you may want to remap either CTRL+A or CTRL+S to a different combination.
What happened to you happened to me a few times before I did...

Francesco Sosto
Francesco Sosto  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2012)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tomas, thank you very much! Apr 7, 2017

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

2. Pretranslate all segments with the memory: Preparation ribbon, choose Pre-Translate, choose the "Exact match with context" option so that the exact translations for this particular files are taken from the TM. In the same dialog box, choose the Confirm/lock tab, choose "Exact match with context" and "New status: translator confirmed". Click OK. This way, you should end up with a target column with confirmed segments and the translations from the memory.

I hope this helps!

Tomas, you don't know how helpful you have been to me with your explanation! Let's say you just saved my weekend! I'm gonna be ready to reciprocate in the future if a problem occurs, hopefully it will not prove necessary

Yes Mirko, I don't know how this can possibly have happened, but your assumption is plausible and I'll definetely follow your advice

Thank you all for your support

Cheers

Francesco

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great! Apr 7, 2017

Francesco Sosto wrote:
Tomas, you don't know how helpful you have been to me with your explanation! Let's say you just saved my weekend! I'm gonna be ready to reciprocate in the future if a problem occurs, hopefully it will not prove necessary

I am very glad it helped! memoQ is really powerful and helps you do these things if you learn to fiddle around with it a little bit. Have a nice weekend!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PROBLEMA URGENTE CON MEMO Q!!!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »