boostrer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:48
Member (2007)
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 22, 2017

Hi,

I would like to clean TM of the entries that have the same source, target and context. I failed to find any reliable methods, but it may be that I have missed something.

Once again, I want to *preserve* duplicates where source, target or context are different, and to *preserve* the context (as far as I understand, the context gets lost when MemoQ TM is exported to TMX), but would like to *delete* those extra entries, where source, target and context are 97-100% simi
... See more
Hi,

I would like to clean TM of the entries that have the same source, target and context. I failed to find any reliable methods, but it may be that I have missed something.

Once again, I want to *preserve* duplicates where source, target or context are different, and to *preserve* the context (as far as I understand, the context gets lost when MemoQ TM is exported to TMX), but would like to *delete* those extra entries, where source, target and context are 97-100% similar.

Version: MemoQ 2013 R2

[Edited at 2017-03-23 00:09 GMT]
Collapse

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:48
Spanish to French
+ ...
Heartsome Mar 22, 2017

I use Heartsome and it does a wonderful job (Olifant is another option though but its support has been discontinued, I think).
I am not aware of the duplicates being deleted when exported to TMX. Did you read that in Memoq website/base knowledge?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cleaning TM duplicates

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »