How do I add a local TM to the list with TMs in memoQ 2015?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 17:41
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 11, 2017

I am working with a project using an online TM but then need to add a local TM (the same as the online TM) as the connection to the server TM doesn't work very well. But in the list with TMs there is only the option to Create/use new, no option for adding a local TM. So I wonder what the procedure is to add a local TM in the list that I can use in this project?

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 18:41
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Register local Jan 11, 2017

There's a button called "Register local" next to Create/Use New. Click Register local and select an existing TM.

Mikhail Popov
Mikhail Popov
Montenegro
English to Russian
+ ...
Source of TM Jan 11, 2017

It depends the source of your TM.
If it is one file with TMX extension, then you have to Create a New TM and import this TMX file into it.
If your TM is a folder with around 10 files in it - then Register local, as you've been told already

[Редактировалось 2017-01-11 08:57 GMT]

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Button is greyed out Jan 11, 2017

I checked now, but that button is greyed out. Perhaps the settings by the PM, so I need to ask her to change them.

Eva Leitner
Eva Leitner  Identity Verified
Germany
Russian to German
+ ...
solution found? Aug 22, 2018

HI,
I googled the question and found this discussion here. I have the same problem, that is, the button is greyed out. Did someone find out or does someone know how to activate the function?

Thanks in advance!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I add a local TM to the list with TMs in memoQ 2015?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »