Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:55
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 18, 2013

Hi everybody,
I just wanted to ask you if there is a way to confirm 100% matches applied from the TM.
I have used the pre-translate function, but 100% have not been confirmed by memoq so I have to confirm them one by one.
Thank you very much for you help.
Bruno

Michal Glowacki
Michal Glowacki  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2010)
English to Polish
+ ...
Confirm or filter Apr 18, 2013

Hi Bruno,

in the Pre-translate window you have the "Confirm/lock" tab where you can set, whether you want the exact matches (100%) to be confirmed/locked etc.

Another option - filter in the editor for 100%/101% matches, highlight all (ctrl+shift+a) and confirm (ctrl+enter).

Hope this helps,
Michał

Alberto
Maria Fernanda Gonzalez
Belén Nobile

Bruno Depascale
Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Apr 18, 2013

Michal Glowacki wrote:

Hi Bruno,

in the Pre-translate window you have the "Confirm/lock" tab where you can set, whether you want the exact matches (100%) to be confirmed/locked etc.

Another option - filter in the editor for 100%/101% matches, highlight all (ctrl+shift+a) and confirm (ctrl+enter).

Hope this helps,
Michał

Thank you Michał, you helped me a lot!

Tjaša Košir
Tjaša Košir  Identity Verified
Canada
English to Slovenian
+ ...
What about 101% matches? Jun 27, 2019

Hello everyone,

can the same procedure be done with 101% matches as well or do they need to be confirmed individually by selecting them all at once and then confirming them?

I have a project of about 650 documents so it would be helpful to find a way how to do all at once.

Thanks,
Tjaša

rsch
rsch  Identity Verified
Germany
Spanish to German
+ ...
Pre-translarting / Confirming 101% matches Jun 28, 2019

Hi Tjaša,

There are various ways to deal with this.
You can select all documents, right-click on them -> pre-translate and select the "Confirm and Lock 100% matches" in the pre-translation settings.
This will confirm and lock all 100% and 101% matches.

However, if you'd like to lock 101% matches only and not 100% matches, the following workaround might help:

Create a view of all files, open the view and sort the segments by "match rate - higher
... See more
Hi Tjaša,

There are various ways to deal with this.
You can select all documents, right-click on them -> pre-translate and select the "Confirm and Lock 100% matches" in the pre-translation settings.
This will confirm and lock all 100% and 101% matches.

However, if you'd like to lock 101% matches only and not 100% matches, the following workaround might help:

Create a view of all files, open the view and sort the segments by "match rate - higher first". You'll then have the segments sorted by 101% matches, 100% matches, 99% etc. and can confirm and lock the 101% segments all at the same time. [Make sure that the "auto-synchronize on server" option is disabled as otherwise memoQ would synchronise your local project with the server after confirming the segments.]

Of course, with 650 documents, it might take a while for memoQ to load everything, but it will be worth the time. It will still be more time-saving than manually confirm 101% matches.

[Edited at 2019-06-28 12:35 GMT]
Collapse

Dominic D.
Dominic D.
Serbian to Russian
+ ...
Not working Dec 28, 2020

What if I have 100% matches in my document that stubbornly refuse to get confirmed despite having used the pre-translate method? The method of selecting and confirming segments manually is stone age and certainly not what is expected of a $600 or so software that's supposed to streamline work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automatic confirmation of 100% matches?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »