Thread poster: yanadeni (X)
yanadeni (X)
yanadeni (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:04
French to Russian
+ ...
Jul 31, 2011

I'm new to MemoQ, so please be indulgent.

I've just installed the latest (5.0.18) version of MemoQ and something strange is happening.
I opened a document for translation where there are a lot of matches from TM. Every time I confirm a segment, the cursor leaves the translation pane so I can't confirm or edit the next segment without clicking it with the mouse, and it's very annoying.

Please advise.

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 16:04
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
This is a bug Jul 31, 2011

Yes, this is a bug that was introduced two days ago, with 5.0.18. Yesterday an updated installer was published on Kilgray's site, which supposedly fixed the problem, but the problem persists, at least for me. I guess we should wait for 5.0.19. Until then, I don't know how I can revert to 5.0.17 and I have tons of work to do...

Michal Glowacki
Michal Glowacki  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:04
Member (2010)
English to Polish
+ ...
Fixed Jul 31, 2011

Hi Yana,

As far as I know, this issue has already been reported and fixed. If you download the latest 5.0.18 from Kilgray's website it shouldn't occur. If it persists, I suggest you report it to [email protected].

Cheers,
Michal

yanadeni (X)
Canada
French to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Jul 31, 2011

At least now I see that it's not my problem as a user (bad settings), but a bug.
Well we'll wait for the next update.

yanadeni (X)
Canada
French to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reply from Kilgray support Aug 7, 2011

Thanks for your message. If you have this issue, then you updated to 5.0.18 very early. Please do the following:
1. download the current 5.0.18 installer from the website,
2. uninstall memoQ,
3. delete everything under C:/Program Files/Kilgray
4. install 5.0.18 from the new installer.

We have fixed this a few days ago, but we haven't changed the build number. So there are two versions of 5.0.18, one that has this bug, and the current one that does not. I hope
... See more
Thanks for your message. If you have this issue, then you updated to 5.0.18 very early. Please do the following:
1. download the current 5.0.18 installer from the website,
2. uninstall memoQ,
3. delete everything under C:/Program Files/Kilgray
4. install 5.0.18 from the new installer.

We have fixed this a few days ago, but we haven't changed the build number. So there are two versions of 5.0.18, one that has this bug, and the current one that does not. I hope this helps.
Collapse

Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
I have the problem of the cursor getting lost Jul 15, 2019

and I use memoQ 8.7.12

¿ any suggestions for correcting this bug ?

Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
cursor lost Oct 31, 2019

I still having this problem on memoQ 8.7.12

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cursor disappears from the target field

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »