Thread poster: Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:05
Swedish to English
+ ...
Jul 2, 2010

I need to export a bilingual doc from MemoQ, but I can't find the first option mentioned in the help file:

"To create the bilingual file, click the Export bilingual command, choose the Trados compatible bilingual DOC option and make sure that the Simple formatting and the Export markup for empty translations check boxes are checked. "

The only options I can see are: "Export Active Document" and "Export Acti
... See more
I need to export a bilingual doc from MemoQ, but I can't find the first option mentioned in the help file:

"To create the bilingual file, click the Export bilingual command, choose the Trados compatible bilingual DOC option and make sure that the Simple formatting and the Export markup for empty translations check boxes are checked. "

The only options I can see are: "Export Active Document" and "Export Active Document As Plain text"

Any ideas? I've got version 4.0.22 Pro.

I don't care about keeping formatting as I'll be pasting the translation back in a database tool and only need the original text in order to find the correct section.

Thanks,
Madeleine
Collapse

Idoia Echenique
Idoia Echenique  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:05
English to Spanish
Project home tab Jul 2, 2010

Hello Madeleine,

The "Export bilingual" option is in the "Project home" tab, not in the translation tab where you are working. There you can choose the file you want to export, clic on "Export bilingual" and you will find the options to do so.

I hope it helps

Regards,
Idoia

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:05
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Idoia Jul 2, 2010

I forgot that you get different alternatives there.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't find the "Export bilingual" command

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »