Thread poster: NguyenMinh (X)
NguyenMinh (X)
NguyenMinh (X)
Vietnam
Local time: 12:17
English to Vietnamese
Jun 10, 2010

Hi everybody,

This seem to be an odd question. Since I lost the source file and my project is finished and I just want to modify the source file (update table of contents).

Many thanks,

Minh

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:17
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Maybe copy all to source? Jun 10, 2010

The first thing that jumps to mind is to copy the source to the target in all segments (select all segments with Edit > Select all; then do Edit > Copy source to target), MAKING SURE YOU DO NOT CONFIRM THE SEGMENTS AS DOING SO WILL SMASH YOUR TRANSLATIONS IN THE MEMORY, then go to the project view, choose the file and use "Save (dialog)" with the file in that state. This should yield an original document in the source language only.

Once you have the source file again,
... See more
The first thing that jumps to mind is to copy the source to the target in all segments (select all segments with Edit > Select all; then do Edit > Copy source to target), MAKING SURE YOU DO NOT CONFIRM THE SEGMENTS AS DOING SO WILL SMASH YOUR TRANSLATIONS IN THE MEMORY, then go to the project view, choose the file and use "Save (dialog)" with the file in that state. This should yield an original document in the source language only.

Once you have the source file again, make sure you delete all the contents of the target side (Operations > Clear translations > All translations) and do a Pre-translate (Operations > Pre-Translate) with your memory, in order to recover the translations from the memory.

Maybe Kilgray or other colleagues have simpler ideas, but I think this is what I do if I could not come up with anything else.

I hope this works for you!
Collapse

Ha BACH

T F F
T F F  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:17
English to Italian
No need to think about other solutions... Jun 10, 2010

...I find Tomas' solution very simple & nice...I would say, enjoyable!

Lourdes Macias
Lourdes Macias
Mexico
Local time: 23:17
Spanish to English
+ ...
An easier way to export source files Mar 11, 2020

Based on Tomás Cano suggestion, I double-clicked on the Dashboard to open the project. Then I right-clicked on the file's name to select Export (Dialog). This way the source file is exported with warnings that several segments remain untranslated. Just click on OK; you'll already have the source file in your computer.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I export source file.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »